The PlayStation 2 gets its first taste of real fighting with UFC: Throwdown. With real fighters and real fighting, UFC: Throwdown debuts on the PlayStation 2 with exclusive real UFC fighters, increased realistic gameplay elements and the most in depth game modes to date for any fighting/wrestling game. With incredible deep offensive and defensive strategies, players can string limitless combos together and exploit the fighting technique that most suits their personal style.
- 28 real UFC fighters including current UFC Champions and the addition of Mario Yamazaki as a second referee
- 4 exclusive UFC fighters make their debut in UFC: Throwdown including current Welterweight Champion Carlos Newton
- Introducing 3 incredible arenas to ground and pound
- A brand new ultra-extensive Career mode where, in addition to being able to create a fighter, you train your fighter as he fights his way to the Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Upgraded tournament mode now lets you chose between 16 or 8 players as well as the new round robin tournament that can be scalable between 6, 8 or 10 players
- Increased variations in create-a-fighter mode, including customization of the face, body, skin color, clothes, hairstyle, etc.
- Amazing special effects showing realistic facial and body animations including individual muscle movements.