F1 2009 is the first in a new generation of FORMULA 1 video games featuring Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and all the official drivers, teams and circuits from the FIA FORMULA 1 World Championship series by Codemasters®, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited.
New aerodynamic regulations, the return of slick tires and the introduction of KERS are set to make 2009 the most exciting season to date and F1 2009 will be every bit as thrilling. A fully licensed, authentic and challenging FORMULA 1 experience, F1 2009 will take gamers as close as possible to the most spectacular motorsport on the planet.
- The most authentic F1 experience: A comprehensive recreation of the world’s most spectacular motorsport, F1 2009 takes PSP racing to a whole new level of immersion and authenticity.
- Be Lewis Hamilton: F1 2009 is the first game to feature World Champion Lewis Hamilton, plus all the other drivers of the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE World Championship. Pick your favorite star and take on the world!
- All the officially licensed cars for the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE World Championship season: Whichever F1 team you follow they will be present, fully licensed and fully playable in F1 2009 from the Ferraris and McLarens to the all new Brawn GP team.
- All the tracks for the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE World Championship Season: Take to the tarmac on all 17 2009 season tracks, including Monaco, the Singapore night race and the all new Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, all realized in meticulous detail.
- Grand Prix Weekend: Get the full race weekend experience, including practice sessions, qualifying and race day or jump straight into a Quick Race. The choice is yours.
- Ad hoc co-operative and head-to-head multiplayer: Go wheel to wheel with up to three friends in a quick race or alternatively take on the two player challenges or an entire season in co-operative mode.
- Bite-sized challenges: Take on a host of quick play challenges that will test your driving skills - ideal for a wait at the bus stop.
- Vehicle Damage: F1 2009’s realistic damage model accurately simulates the dramatic effects of mid-race collisions.
- KERS integration: New boost system fully useable in-game, plus aero-dynamic changes incorporated to make 2009 the most exciting FORMULA 1 season and game ever.
- Full grid: Experience all the thrills of race day as you jostle for position at breakneck speeds against the full grid of 20 cars.
- Pit stops: Full pit-stop integration allows you to alter your strategy mid-race to refuel and repair damage incurred.
- Pit Radio: Your team provides vital race information and strategic advice over the radio as you drive your way to the front of the pack.