Valkyria Chronicles™, the first game from SEGA Studios - Japan to utilize the groundbreaking “CANVAS” graphics engine, features a stunningly unique visual style resembling a watercolor painting in motion. Created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 system, this epic role-playing game also marks the debut of the “BLiTZ” battle system, which combines tactical RPG gameplay with direct character control common in action games.
In this epic adventure set in 1930s fictitious Europe, you assume the role of Welkin, a heroic commander who leads his small platoon against two neighboring enemy nations on the brink of war. As Welkin’s small country is engulfed in battle, the “Valkyria,” an ancient race with destructive powers, emerges in the invading faction. Faced with this new threat, Welkin and his troops gather their courage to fight as never before for their freedom and a better future.
- Breathtaking Graphics Resembling a Watercolor Painting in Motion. The “CANVAS” graphics engine, created exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3, brings this never-before-seen style to life.
- “BLiTZ” Battle System: Battle with direct control in action sequences just as in action games, while also maneuvering through the vast world with strategic moves typical of tactical RPGs.
- Epic Storyline: Engaging story and plot twists provide hours of gameplay; immerse yourselves in the dramatic battle for freedom as Welkin, with the fate of the world in your hands.
- Customizable Platoons: Customizable Platoons: With 50 upgradeable playable characters to choose from, you can gather powerful groups for each mission (e.g., all sniper groups or all female groups) to suit your varying battle needs.
- Beautifully Rendered Battlefields: You can gain the advantage in battle by drawing off the unique terrain in 30 different environments, as varied as industrial cities, forests, castles and fortresses.