- Make sure card holder name, card number, CVV code (last three digits on the signature strip), expiry date and address are correct and match the details attached to your credit/debit card account.
- Make sure the order of your address matches what your card issuer has on their system, including all abbreviations.
- Use a card that has a street address. For example, do not use a PO Box or BFPO address.
- Do not use pre-pay ‘credit cards’ as they often do not require an address to be attached and will be incompatible with AVS.
- If your address includes a flat or apartment number or your name or address includes any special characters like asterisks (*), hyphens (-), apostrophes (') and slashes ( / ) do not include them.
- If your name or address contains characters such as ‘ß’, ‘ä’ or ‘ç’ please replace them with the nearest letter from the standard 26 letter Latin alphabet (for example, for ‘ß’ use ‘ss’, for ‘ä’ use ‘a’ or for ‘ç’ use ‘c’).
More on this topic