- If you are attempting to load a PS3 game disc:
- Eject the disc and re-insert it, ensuring that it is clean and free from dirt, marks or scratches.
- If the problem persists, attempt to load a different disc. If the second disc loads without error, the first disc may be damaged and may need to be replaced.
- If you are attempting to load recorded media (such as a music CD):
- Ensure that the disc format is correct and compatible with the PS3 system.
- If the problem persists, attempt to read the disc via PC. If the PC also cannot read the disc, the disc may be damaged and may need to be replaced.
- If you are attempting to access data on the PS3 system Hard Disk Drive (HDD):
- Delete the data and download or copy it again.
- If the problem persists, enter Safe Mode and select Restore File System. Click here to learn how to enter Safe Mode.
- If the problem persists, reformat the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (HDD). Please note this will erase all data from the HDD. Click here to learn how to back up your data.
- To reformat the HDD, go to Settings > [System Settings] > [Restore PS3 System] on the XMB™ Menu.
· If the problem persists, visit eu.playstation.com/contact to contact Customer Support.
· For more tips and hints on using your PlayStation system, visit our technical support forums at community.eu.playstation.com.