- Eject the disc from the system, and make sure it is not dirty, scratched or damaged.
- Make sure the format of the disc is supported by PlayStation 4.
Supported disc formats:
- Blu-ray Disc: BD-ROM, BD-R/RE (BDAV, BDMV)
- DVD: DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW (video mode, VR mode), DVD+R/RW
Playback of the following types of discs is not supported:
- CD, BD-RE ver.1.0, BD-R/RE XL, DVDs that have not been finalized
If the error persists, shut down the system, reboot in safe mode, and try rebuilding the system database using Safe Mode option 5.