- Please turn the PS3 system off and wait 10 seconds. Then switch it back on and try to update the system software.
- As long as your PS3 system has system software version 2.50 or later installed, back up your data, start your PS3 system in Safe Mode and select [Restore File System].
- Again, as long as your PS3 system has system software version 2.50 or later installed, you can try reformatting the hard disk drive, by starting the PS3 system in Safe Mode and selecting [Format PS3].
- If the PS3 system has system software version 2.50 or earlier installed, go to the Settings > [System Settings] on the XMB™ Menu and reformat the hard disk drive.
- If the problem persists, visit eu.playstation.com/contact to contact Customer Support.
For more tips and hints on using your PlayStation system, visit our technical support forums at community.eu.playstation.com