- If you are using an external drive (i.e. a USB hard drive, media card etc.), make sure the connection to the drive is okay (i.e., cables are not frayed, etc.).
- If you replaced the hard disk drive of the PlayStation 3 system, make sure it is in inserted properly. Go to eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/general for instructions on replacing your hard disk drive.
- Try using a different external drive or reformat the drive.
- If the problem persists, visit eu.playstation.com/contact to contact Customer Support.
- For more tips and hints on using your PlayStation system, visit our technical support forums at community.eu.playstation.com.
More on this topic