- Transferring data from a PS4 system to another will delete any data from the PS4 system you are transferring the data to. The PS4 system you are transferring the data from will not be affected.
- You will need to have the latest system software installed on both PS4 systems. How to update the PS4 system software.
Types of data you can transfer
- All existing Users and Settings in your system.
- Games and Saved Data.
- Screenshots and Video Clips stored in your system.
You cannot transfer:
- Saved data of users who have never signed in to PlayStation Network.
- Trophy information that is not synced with PlayStation Network.
- Any password data - for example, your PSN, Netflix or Amazon passwords. You will need to re-enter these on your new PS4 system when you sign in.
Transferring data using wireless connection
You will need one Ethernet cable to transfer data over a wireless network.
- Connect the PS4 system you are trasferring the data from to your wireless network and sign in to PSN with your account.
- Connect both PS4 systems together with an Ethernet cable (LAN).