This update method can be used if your PS3 system is not connected to the Internet. Download the update file to your computer, and then save it on a USB storage device. Copy the saved file to the system storage of your PS3 system to update the system.
For the standard update procedure, follow the steps below.
The following things are needed to perform the update:
- PS3 system
- Computer connected to the Internet
- USB storage device, such as a USB flash drive
* There must be approximately 320MB of free space.
1. On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
Using a computer, create a folder named "PS3". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
2. Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.
Save the file with the file name "PS3UPDAT.PUP".
[DOWNLOAD NOW] Click to start the download.
3. Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS3 system, and then from the function screen, select (Settings) > [System Software Update].
Follow the screens to complete the update.
If your PS3 system does not recognise the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.