By participating in The PlayStation® Player Celebration (the “Promotion”) you agree to accept these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is SIE: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on February 10, 2022 at 12:00:00 PM United States of America Pacific Time and ends on February 27, 2022 at 23:59:59 PM United States of America Pacific Time (“Overall Promotion Period”). Game Play of the Promotion (“Game Play Period”) (defined in Section 4 below) will take place between February 14, 2022 at 00:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on February 27, 2022 at 23:59:59 PM Pacific Time. The Sponsor’s computer is the Promotion official clock.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to an individual who: (i) is a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, (ii) is at least eighteen (18) years and the legal age of majority in the individual’s state/territory/province of residence at the time of entry. Each such individual is an “Entrant”.
Employees of Sponsor and Realtime Media, Inc. (“Prize Fulfilment Agency”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, and those with whom they are domiciled, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Employees of NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), and the NBA member teams (collectively, the “NBA Entities”), including affiliates, agents and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the promotion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation in this Promotion constitutes an Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. For purposes of the Promotion, the Sponsor may contact Entrants by e-mail. The Sponsor will use the e-mail address associated with their PSN ID which they submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their e-mail address.
4. PROMOTION STRUCTURE: This Promotion consists of two parts:
A. Overall Promotion Period: Each Entrant will be able to earn an entry throughout the Overall Promotion Period as defined in Section 5A and 5B below.
B. Game Play Period: From February 14, 2022 to February 27, 2022, each Entrant who has successfully submitted an entry during the Overall Promotion Period will have a chance to earn additional Sweepstake Entries (as defined in section 6 below). The Promotion will consist of two (2) individual Weekly Entry Periods (each a “Weekly Entry Period”). Each Weekly Entry Period will begin at a specified time (each a “Weekly Entry Period Start Time”) and will end at a specified time (each a “Weekly Entry Period End Time”) as detailed in the chart below.
Weekly Entry Period
Weekley Entry Period Start Time
Weekly Entry Period Start Time
2/14/22 at 00:00:00AM PT
2/20/22 at 23:59:59PM PT
2/21/22 at 00:00:00AM PT
2/27/22 at 23:59:59PM PT
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
A. METHOD 1: To enter, Entrants must go to playstation.com/us-playercelebration, log into their PSN Account and complete the form by accepting the Official Rules. Upon accepting the Official Rules, Entrants must complete at least five (5) hours of game play for any combination of PlayStation® game or games during the Overall Promotion Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entry”).
Device Data Notice: In order to earn an entry, we must be able to capture your gameplay duration. On a PS5 console, your gameplay duration will be collected only if the “Data You Provide” setting (in the privacy settings of your PSN Account) is set to “Full” for the duration of the Promotion Period. If it is set to “Limited,” your gameplay time may not be credited toward an Entry.
Entry Limit: There is a limit of one (1) entry per individual using this method of entry during the Promotion Period. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same individual, all such entries may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from using more than one (1) e-mail address, account, or multiple identities. If it is found or suspected that an entrant is using more than one e-mail address or multiple identities to participate in the Promotion, then that entrant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be disqualified and may not be eligible to win a prize.
B. METHOD 2: To participate without making a purchase, mail a post card including your full name, full mailing address, email address, phone number, and birth date on a plain 3x5 inch paper. Mail your completed entry to Realtime Media, Attn: The PlayStation® Player Celebration, Realtime Media, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 2–130, West Conshohocken, PA 19428. Each entry (also a “Sweepstakes Entry”) must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Entries. No responsibility is assumed for (i) technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions, or difficulties of any kind or (ii) any incorrect data contained in any Sweepstakes Entry. Mail-in Entries must be postmarked no later than February 27, 2022, and received by March 6, 2022, to be eligible for the Weekly and Grand Prize Drawings. Mail-in Entries will be eligible for Weekly Drawings based upon Administrator’s date of receipt of the Entry. All Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned or acknowledged. Limit of eighteen (18) Sweepstakes Entry per individual, throughout the Promotion Period regardless of method of entry.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF AN ENTRANT ENTERS THIS PROMOTION ON THEIR MOBILE DEVICE. ENTRANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR MOBILE PROVIDER'S PRICING PLANS. MOBILE ENTRY IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS PROMOTION.
6. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES: There are several ways to earn additional Sweepstake Entries throughout the Game Play Period which are detailed below:
A. PLAY NBA2K22 GAME: Entrants will be able to receive additional Sweepstakes Entries by using their PSN account to play a minimum of thirty (30) minutes of the NBA2K22 game per day during the Game Play Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” begins at 00:00:00 am PT and ends at 23:59:59 PT unless specified otherwise. Once the entrant has played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes on a single day, one (1) additional entry will be awarded. One (1) additional Sweepstakes Entry per individual, per day, for the length of the Game Play Period for a maximum of fourteen (14) additional entries.
B. JOIN THE PROGRAM’S (“The Program”) CONFERENCE TEAM: Entrants will be able to earn one (1) additional Sweepstakes Entry by using their PSN Account to sign-up to one of two community of PlayStation players, join either the Western or Eastern Conference Team (“Conference Team”) at playstation.com/us-playercelebration. Once the entrant has joined one (1) of the Conference Teams, one (1) additional entry to the Grand Prize will be awarded. One (1) additional Sweepstakes Entry per individual for the length of the Game Play Period.
C. WEEKLY ENTRIES: Entrants will be able to earn additional Sweepstakes Entries by using their PSN account to join either the Western or Eastern Conference Team in The Program and play a minimum of ninety (90) minutes of NBA2K22 during the Weekly Entry Period as defined in the table in section 4B. Once the entrant has played a minimum of ninety (90) minutes total during the Weekly Entry Period, one (1) additional entry will be awarded. One (1) additional Sweepstakes Entry per individual, per Weekly Entry Period for a maximum of two (2) additional entries.
7. WINNER DETERMINATION FOR WEEKLY ENTRY PERIOD PRIZES & PRIZE VALUE
The Sweepstakes will consist of two (2) individual Weekly Entry Periods as defined in Section 4B. Entries must be received before the end of the Weekly Entry Period to be eligible for the corresponding Weekly Drawing (“Weekly Drawing”) . In addition to following the steps outlined in Section 6C, the winner will be selected at random, from the Conference Team that achieved the most average minutes of NBA2K22 active gameplay per player during the time period as defined in Section 4B. All eligible non-winning entries from each Weekly Drawing will not be rolled into the next Weekly Drawing.
On or about March 7, 2022, there will be two (2) Weekly Drawings, One Weekly Drawing for each Weekly Entry Period. Weekly prize winners will be selected at random from one (1) Conference Team, either the Western or Eastern Conference. The Conference Team that the Weekly Drawing will be conducted from will be determined by which Conference Team has the most average NBA 2K22 active gameplay minutes per player. There will be a total of two (2) weekly prize winners (one (1) per each Weekly Drawing). Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period.
SWEEPSTAKES WEEKLY PRIZES (2): A total of two (2) Weekly Prize packages will be awarded, one per Weekly Prize winner, consisting of:
All potential Weekly Prize Winners will be confirmed by the Sponsor (located at the address provided in Section 1) on or around March 7th, 2022.
The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each of the Sweepstakes Weekly Prize is $237.49 USD. The total ARV of the Sweepstakes Weekly Prizes is $474.98 USD. Sweepstakes Weekly Prizes have no value or application outside of the PlayStation® Network, and may not be sold, transferred or redeemed for real money or items of value.
Active gameplay’ is gameplay during which the Entrant is using the game controller to actively engage with the game.
8. WINNER DETERMINATION FOR GRAND PRIZE & PRIZE VALUE
On or about March 7, 2022, there will be one (1) Grand Prize drawing (“Grand Prize Drawing”) conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the Overall Promotion Period.
SWEEPSTAKES GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Sweepstakes Grand Prize package will be awarded, consisting of:
Potential Grand Prize Winner will be confirmed by the Sponsor (located at the address provided in Section 1) on or about 23:59:59 Pacific Time on March 7, 2022. Approximately 7 business days after the Grand Prize Drawing, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a communication from the Prize Fulfilment Agency which will be sent to the email address associated with their PSN Account to inform them of their win. Potential winners will have three (3) days to respond to the winning notification before forfeiting their prize. The potential Grand Prize winner will also be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and an IRS W9 Form via email from Sponsor or Administrator (collectively, the ‘Forms”). All Forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within seven (7) days of date of issuance. The potential Grand Prize Winner must (a) confirm that they meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules; (b) verify his or her identity and allow for the use of his/her name and likeness (Right of Publicity) by NBAP and Sponsor with no further compensation; and (c) agrees to release NBAP and Sponsor from any claims or damages that might arise in connection with the contest, sweepstakes, or promotion. The potential winner then and only then becomes the “winner.” If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules (including delivery of the completed Forms), he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries by random drawing for the Sweepstakes.
To facilitate delivery of Grand Prize, the Prize Fulfillment Agency will ask the Grand Prize Winner for the following: full name, residential address, phone number, and VAT/Tax ID (where applicable) (“Delivery Information”). Please note that the Grand Prize will be delivered to a local residential address where the Grand Prize Winner is based in following winner verification (deliveries to PO Boxes are not permitted).
The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each of the Grand Prize is $849.93:
The total ARV of all Sweepstake Prizes is $1,324.91 USD.
The Grand Prize will be delivered by the Prize Fulfilment Agency on behalf of the Sponsor to the Grand Prize Winner’s residential address within 60 business days of receiving the Grand Prize Winner’s Delivery Information. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of individual winners.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL EXCLUDE OR IN ANY WAY LIMIT THE SPONSOR’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT SUCH LIABILITY MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED AS A MATTER OF LAW. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree that the Promotion Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Promotion; (vii) any injury or damage, to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
The NBA Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and/or participation in this promotion.
By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Promotion; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Promotion, including, but not limited to, any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. GOVERNING LAW: To the extent permitted by applicable laws, these Rules and any disputes arising under them or related to the Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to conflict-of-law rules. Any dispute not subject to arbitration and not initiated in small claims court may be brought by either party in a court of competent jurisdiction in either the Superior Courts for the State of California in and for the County of San Mateo or in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
Entrant and Sponsor each submits itself to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the respective courts set forth above, and waives all jurisdictional, venue and inconvenient forum objections to those courts. In any litigation to enforce any part of this agreement, all costs and fees, including attorney's fees, will be paid by the non-prevailing party.
12. NBA Intellectual Property: The NBA and NBA member team identifications are the intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams. © 2022 NBA Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Officially licensed product of the National Basketball Players Association.)
13. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: BY participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor to use their PSN ID and avatar in connection with the reasonable publicity of the Promotion on PlayStation® channels.
Participants in this promotion (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that the NBA Entities and their designees and assigns may use the participant’s name, voice, city/state of residence, photos, video or film clips, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation (financial or otherwise), permission or notification.
14. GENERAL: ANY attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as described herein is void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion. Any attempted form of participation in this Promotion other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotion will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. Winners list: WINNERS LIST: Beginning on or about March 7, 2022, you may obtain the list of winners of prizes by sending a self-addressed, postage-paid (stamped) envelope for receipt by March 15, 2022 to: The PlayStation® Player Celebration Winners List Request, c/o Realtime Media, 200 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 100, Conshohocken, PA 19428.
© Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.