Just as Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“SIE LLC”) requires users of our sites and platforms to respect our copyrights and those of our affiliates, licensors and business partners, we respect the copyrights of others. To that end, we have adopted this Copyright Policy in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (17 U.S.C. 512 et seq.).
Once SIE LLC’s representative who has been designated to receive notification of claimed copyright infringement (“Designated Agent”) – whose name and contact information is noted below – receives proper notification of the alleged infringement (“Disputed Content”), SIE LLC may (1) promptly remove or block access to the Disputed Content or (2) deny access to our sites and platforms for users that repeatedly violate copyright or other intellectual property rights. SIE LLC will take reasonable steps to notify a user who has uploaded Disputed Content if that Disputed Content is subsequently removed or disabled.
If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on any of our sites or platforms without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you or a person authorized to act on your behalf may notify our Designated Agent:
Intellectual Property Department
Business & Legal Affairs Department
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
2207 Bridgepointe Parkway
San Mateo, CA 94404
By email: SIE-copyright(at)sony.com
By phone: 1-800-345-7669
Pursuant to federal law, your notification must include the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that you alleged is being infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are included in a single notification, a representative list of all those works;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Your contact information, including address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement by you that the information in your notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
If you are the provider of the Disputed Content and believe a copyright infringement notice has been wrongly submitted against you as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the claimed copyrighted material, you may send a counter-notification to our Designated Agent (whose address is included in Paragraph 1 above). The counter notification must provide the following information:
1. Physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
2. Identification of the Disputed Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location where the Disputed Content appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you believe in good faith that the Disputed Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification;
4. Your name, address, telephone number and, if available, email address; and
5. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the judicial district pertaining to your address, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which SIE LLC is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
If our Designated Agent receives a counter-notice from you, SIE LLC will send a copy of it to the original complaining party informing that person or entity that SIE LLC may replace the removed Disputed Content or cease disabling access to it. Please note that when we forward the counter-notice, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter-notice, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notice to any party other than the complaining party.
Unless the Designated Agent receives notice from the original complaining party that the original complaining party has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the user who posted the Disputed Content from engaging in infringing activity relating to the Disputed Content on the Site, SIE LLC will replace or restore access to the Disputed Content on the Site or permit the user to re-post the Disputed Content.