What You Need
- PS4 System
- PS Vita with firmware version 3.00 or later
- Remote Play- or Second Screen- compatible game (Games that require a camera or Move controller are not compatible)
- Wireless Router (To connect via home wi-fi network)
- Wireless Broadband Internet Connection (To connect via Internet. 3G, 4G, and LTE are not supported)
Types of Remote Play Connections
The PS4 can connect to the PS Vita in three different ways. The PS4 Link app on the PS Vita will pick the connection method best suited to your current situation.
PS4 as Wireless Access Point: This option lets your PS Vita wirelessly connect directly to the PS4 and provides the best Remote Play experience.
Home Wi-Fi Network: The PS Vita wirelessly connects to a router, which in turn connects to the PS4. Use this option if your home router is closer than your PS4 to where you'd like to Remote Play.
Wireless Internet Connection: With this method, the PS Vita connects to the Internet, then to an Internet-connected PS4. Use this option if you're away from home and want to connect to your PS4.
How to Connect and Start Remote Play
On the PS4:
- Go to (Settings) > [PS Vita Connection Settings] and make sure the [Enable Remote Play] box is checked.
- From the same menu, ensure the [Connect Directly to the PS Vita] box is checked. This will provide the best Remote Play experience. If you're experiencing issues with a direct connection, you can un-check this box to bypass the wireless access point option and connect via your home wi-fi network.