To back up data you need an FAT32 or exFAT-formatted USB drive with at least double the storage space of the PS4 backup file. If you don't have enough space to back up everything on your device, you can choose not to back up application data.
- Select Trophies from the function screen, press the OPTIONS button, and select Sync Trophies With PSN.
- Insert the USB drive into your PS4 console.
- Go to Settings > System > Back Up and Restore.
- Select Back Up.
- Confirm which data you'd like to back up. It is important to back up saved data to avoid losing any game progress.
- Customize the backup file name and select Back Up.
- Remove the USB drive.
Please note, users who have never signed in to PlayStation™Network (PSN) can restore saved data to only the original PS4 console that was backed up. To restore saved data to another PS4 console, you must sign in to PSN before backing up data.