To upgrade an eligible PS4 game on disc to the digital PS5 version, you will need a PS5 console with a disc drive. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PlayStation®5 Digital Edition.
- Sign in on your PS5 console (or create an account).
- Insert the eligible PS4 game disc.
- Go to the game hub for the PS4 game.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub and review the upgrade offer.
- Select Download (or purchase with the discounted price) to download/purchase content.
- After the download is complete, you can play the PS5 digital game by inserting the PS4 game disc. You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game.