The PlayStation®4 console could not update the system software using a USB storage device. Go to Settings > System Software Update to update your PS4™console.
If that’s not possible, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your USB storage device is formatted as FAT or exFAT.
- Insert the USB storage device into your PC/Mac USB, right-click and select ‘Format’ to open the dialog box. Select FAT or exFAT from the drop-down menu under ‘File system’.
- Check that the update file is stored in the correct file structure.
- Using a computer, create a folder named "PS4". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE". The update file (“PS4UPDATE.PUP”) must be stored in the “UPDATE” folder. If the error persists, the downloaded file may be corrupted, so delete the update file from your USB device and download it again.
- Try again
- If the issue still happens, delete the download file from your USB drive and re-download it.