WipEout HD features a selection of the best tracks taken from previous versions of the series, meticulously crafted and fully reworked to showcase the power of PS3. Available exclusively as a download on PlayStation Store and featuring 1080p High Definition visuals running at a breathtaking 60 frames per second, WipEout HD represents the future of the iconic anti-gravity racing series when it launches in late 2007.
For the first time, players will have the option of steering their anti-gravity ships to victory in a whole new way thanks to the SIXAXIS Wireless Controller; a feature that, combined with true High Definition graphics, will have racers on the edge of their seats as they take on the best from around the world in online multiplayer modes.
WipEout HD features eight teams and five game modes; Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode all in stunning full HD quality and accompanied by nine fully licensed music tracks all of which are remixed in Dolby 5.1 sound.
Continuing the concept that was pioneered by WipEout Pure on PSP, extra game content will be coming to PlayStation Store to download and use directly with the main game. This will include extra teams, extra tracks and additional events for the race campaign mode.
- The iconic series evolves with spectacular 1080p High Definition visuals running at a breathtaking 60- frames-per-second
- Support for the SIXAXIS Wireless Controller
- Download extra game content and compete with up to eight players in a range of online races
- Check out the WipEout Museum in PlayStation Home* and experience the iconic racing classic through the years
- Playable in amazing stereoscopic 3D
*Please note that PlayStation Home is only available in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.