MLB® The Show™ 21 CANADIAN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the MLB The Show 21 Canadian Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant (each, an “Entrant” or “you”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”) and Battlefy (“Administrator”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator will facilitate the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants shall look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of Canada, who are legal age of majority at time of entry and who have all of the following at the start of the Promotion Period (as defined below):
· Access to MLB The Show 21 on the PS4 console or the PS5 console,
· Access to a PS4 console or PS5 console,
· A valid account on PlayStation®Network (“PSN Account”) and an associated PSN ID,
· A valid subscription to PlayStation®Plus,
· A valid Battlefy registration, and
· At least 5mbps of internet bandwidth to broadcast.
Employees and representatives of Sponsor and its parent companies, Administrator, “MLB Entities” (as defined below), affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household or with whom they are otherwise domiciled, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins on October 23rd, 2021 at 9:00 AM PT and ends on October 23rd, 2021 at 3:00 PM PT (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATE
To participate, Entrants may select one (1) of the two (2) entry methods available.
(1) Tournament Participation (defined in Section 3.1), or
(2) Mail-in Entry (defined in Section 3.2)
3.1. Tournament Participation
3.1.1. How to Enter: Entrants must link their PlayStation Network Account to their Battlefy account by registering for the event on the Battlefy landing page, accessible at https://battlefy.com/mlbtheshow21 [“Tournament Page”], and provide the following information: date of birth, PSN ID, E-mail Address, Discord Username (each Promotion entry, an “Entry”).
3.1.2. How to Play: Visit the Battlefy Tournament page, accessible at https://battlefy.com/mlbtheshow21, to access the match schedule and PSN ID of each opponent. Each Entrant must play all assigned matches. All match start times will be communicated by the Administrator via Discord live on the day of the tournament. Each Entrant who plays a minimum of four (4) three-inning matches and who is not disqualified will receive 5,000 MLB The Show 21 Stubs (ARV: CAD$6.99).
3.1.3. Required Settings: The following configuration shall be the settings for each match. Entrants may report any opponent’s non-compliant settings to the Administrator prior to the match.
Cross play: ON (network setting)
Add friends: ON (network setting)
Messaging: ON (network setting)
Mode: Diamond Dynasty
Guess Pitch: OFF
Quick Counts: OFF
Strike Zone: ON
Hot Zone: OFF
Umpire Accuracy: Perfect
Umpire close plays: OFF
Presentation mode: Fast Play
Created ballplayers are not permitted.
Stadiums: All MLB and Minor League Stadiums are allowed, but created stadiums are not permitted. The Entrant on the left side of the Match page is the home team.
3.1.4. Tournament Structure:
The tournament will take place using the Diamond Dynasty game mode during the Promotion Period. The matches will be constructed with random player seeding in one-on-one rounds in a Ladder format. The number of rounds played will vary depending on the number of Entrants and results of each round.
· All players who register for the ladder will be eligible to queue for a match at any time during the six (6) hour open play period
· Entrants will be eligible to queue for matches via the Battlefy Tournament Page
· A minimum number of four (4) 3-inning matches (“Minimum Match Threshold”) must be played by a player for their entry to be valid.
· Games tied at the end may go into extra innings until a winner is determined.
· Matchmaking in the ladder will preferentially select players with similar scores in the current play period
Each Entrant who plays at least four (4) three-inning matches during the Promotion Period will earn 5,000 Stubs (ARV CAD$6.99) and will receive one (1) entry for a chance to win one of the three prizes noted in Section 5. For each match won, the entrant will receive two (2) additional entries (limited to 8 bonus entries).
· Bonus entries will only apply once an entrant has completed the minimum of four (4) matches; if this minimum is not reached, all bonus entries will be void.
· Forfeited or disconnected matches will not count as a completed match and will not contribute to the four match minimum.
o If an entrant is in a match where their opponent forfeits or disconnects, this match will be counted as a win and contribute to their four match minimum.
Each entrant can earn a maximum of nine (9) entries during the promotion period. After receiving the maximum number of entries, participating in additional matches will not result in additional entries.
3.1.5. “Play vs. Friends” and Squad Construction: To “Play vs. Friends” in Diamond Dynasty, Entrants must add the registered Entrant friend’s PSN ID to their Friends List, then challenge the friend to a match. The following squad compositions are required for eligibility in the Promotion (Community Parallel and Inside Edge boosts count towards overall ratings):
3 x 95+ overall ratings players (or below)
3 x 85-94 overall ratings players (or below)
The rest 84 or below overall rating
Starting Pitchers Limit:
2 x 95+ overall rating starters (or below)
1 x 85-94 overall rating starter (or below)
The remaining 2, 84 or below overall rating
2 x 95+ overall rating bullpen pitchers (or below)
2 x 85 - 94 overall rating bullpen pitchers (or below)
4 x 84 or below overall rating bullpen pitchers
3.1.6. Disputes and Disqualifications: If any disputes arise during a match an Entrant must report them via Administrator’s match support or a Discord notification and provide proof of match results using screenshots of each victory or video replays uploaded to YouTube or Twitch. Each Entrant has five minutes from the scheduled start time to start a match. If an Entrant is five minutes late for a match, that Entrant forfeits the match. Once a match has started, delay of play may lead to disqualification. If an Entrant sees the following message “Game Session has ended.” or is disconnected from a game, that Entrant forfeits the match. Violation of these Official Rules may, at the Administrator’s discretion, result in disqualification from the Promotion. Except as otherwise noted herein, Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
3.2. Mail-in Entry
3.2.1. How to Enter: Send in a postcard or letter with your full name, address, phone number, and email address to “MLB The Show 21 Canadian Contest” Attn: Battlefy, P.O. Box 42009 Fremont Village PO Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada V3B 0G0. Mail-in entries must be postmarked prior to October 24rd, 2021 and received by Sponsor no later than October 29th, 2021. Each postcard or letter will qualify as one (1) entry. Entrants may submit a maximum of nine (9) mail-in entries. Any additional entries will be considered invalid.
The three winners will be randomly selected from the valid entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor, MLB Players (as defined below), and Major League Baseball’s image (as Sponsor, the MLB Players or the MLB Entities, respectively, determine in their sole discretion), as applicable, (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor’s or Administrator’s web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Administrator reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Entry. Administrator has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for any public release and if an Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, Administrator’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
There are three (3) prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”, collectively “Prizes”)
5.1. One (1) 1st Prize winner will receive 600,000 MLB The Show 21 Stubs (ARV: CAD$533.96), the opportunity to play MLB The Show 21 with Bo Bichette online in a remote gaming session for up to 30-minutes (based on accepting one of three available time slots), and a 12-month PlayStation Plus Subscription (ARV CAD$69.99)
5.2. One (1) 2nd Prize winner will receive 150,000 MLB The Show 21 Stubs (ARV CAD$133.49) and a 12-month PlayStation Plus Subscription (ARV CAD$69.99)
5.3. One (1) 3rd Prize winner will receive 67,500 MLB The Show 21 Stubs (ARV CAD$66.99 ) and a three-month PlayStation Plus Subscription (ARV CAD$29.99)
Total ARV for the Promotion is CAD$904.41. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 90 days for prize delivery. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Administrator may disqualify a winner and randomly select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable and not convertible to cash. Administrator need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Three (3) winners will be randomly selected at the offices of the Administrator (Battlefy, 2900 – 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6C 0A3) on November 1, 2021. Each winner will be notified via email sent to the e-mail address provided in the Entry, which such email will include a voucher code with which the winner can download their prize. For the 1st Prize winner, this will also include instructions for participating in the 30-minute MLB The Show 21 game session with Bo Bichette and the opportunity to select one of the available game session timeslots. Selected winner(s) will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 48 hours of attempted notification. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to choose an alternative winner in the event that a possible winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible for any reason. Selected entrants may, at the Administrator’s discretion, be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question posed by the Administrator at a mutually convenient time prior to being declared a confirmed winner.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor, Administrator, the MLB Entities, the MLB Players and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void. As used herein, “MLB Players” means the Major League Baseball Players Association (“MLBPA”), MLB Players, Inc. (“MLBPI”), all Major League Baseball players, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the MLBPA and/or MLBPI, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, members, employees and agents of each of the foregoing entities.
8. INDEMNITY: Each Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor, the MLB Entities, the MLB Players, Fanatics, Inc., their parent companies, each of their advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) such Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by such Entrant in connection with this Promotion, (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by such Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iv) Entrant’s violation of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees, to the extent allowable under applicable law, to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates, and the MLB Entities, the MLB Players, and Fanatics, Inc. from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and death, that may or does occur in connection with such Entrant’s preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Administrator’s verification. Except as otherwise expressly set forth herein, Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor and the MLB Entities and the MLB Players are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s, Administrator’s or the MLB Entities’ or MLB Players’ negligence. Administrator (with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec) has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s or Administrator’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor or Administrator otherwise become incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. If any person attempts to submit more than the number of Entries set forth in Section 3 by using the same, multiple or different names or email addresses, such Entries may be deemed void and that person may be disqualified from the Promotion. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. Administrator has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed, in Sponsor’s and Administrator’s discretion, to be harassing, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor or Administrator, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
12. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “MLB the Show 21 Canada Contest”, Attn: Battlefy, P.O. Box 42009 Fremont Village PO Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada V3B 0G0. Administrator will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by December 23, 2021.
13. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue
14. QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. SPONSOR: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any of the MLB Players. Officially Licensed Product of MLB Players, Inc. MLBPA and MLBPI trademarks, copyrighted works and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA or MLBPI and may not be used without the written consent of MLBPA or MLBPI. Visit MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web. All rights reserved.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any of the MLB Entities. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com.
APPENDIX A: CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Conduct (“Code”) applies to all Entrants who participate in the Promotion. Violation of this Code can lead to disqualification from the Promotion or the deduction of Promotion points. This Code applies to conduct in the Promotion, on social media and activity on live streams. Except as otherwise noted herein, Administrator’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
· Use of vulgar or offensive language is prohibited.
· Abusive behavior, including harassment and threats, is prohibited.
· Physical abuse, fighting or any threatening action, directed at any Entrant, Administrator or any other person, is prohibited.
· Any action that interferes with play of a game, including breaking a console, interfering with power, and abuse of in-game pausing, is prohibited.
· Gambling, including betting on the outcome of games, is prohibited.
· The acceptance of any gifts, rewards, or compensation for services that relate to participation in the Promotion is prohibited.
· Giving and receiving bribes is illegal and prohibited.
· Collusion, defined as any agreement among two or more Entrants to disadvantage other Entrants in the Promotion, is strictly prohibited. This includes the following:
o intentionally losing a match
o playing on behalf of another Entrant
o any form of match-fixing
o soft play (an Entrant not trying their hardest in order to allow another Entrant to increase their score)
o Agreeing to split prize money
· Entrants are prohibited from implying or representing that they have a commercial relationship with this Promotion, Sponsor, Administrator, the MLB Entities or the MLB Players. Use of the intellectual property of the Sponsor, Administrator, the MLB Entities or the MLB Players is strictly prohibited without written consent of the intellectual property owner.
· The recording or distribution of footage of this Promotion broadcast for commercial purposes without written permission from the Sponsor or Administrator is strictly prohibited.