- Check whether you’re connected to the internet, and then perform a connection test by selecting Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection.
If you can’t get connected, please check whether you have the correct network settings configured.
- Restart your PlayStation®5 console, connect to the internet using a wired connection if you can, and configure the network settings again.
- When connecting wirelessly, place your PS5® console as close as possible to your router, and remove anything that could interrupt the connection between the devices.
- Turn off your router and modem, wait at least 5 minutes, then restart them.
- Update the firmware of your router. (For details on how to update, please contact the router vendor.)
- Check whether you have enough free space on your PS5 console for your game, and then if you have the option to, please try downloading it.
- To check how much free storage space you have, go to the home screen and select Settings > Storage.
If this doesn't fix the issue, please try again later.