What is ‘Require Password at Checkout’?
‘Require Password at Checkout’ is an account setting that stops you from spending wallet funds unless you enter your correct SEN account password. If you switch this setting on, you will be asked for your password whenever you make a purchase with wallet funds.
As this setting is on your account wallet please note the following:
- The setting applies whatever device you use to access PlayStation Store through your SEN account.
- You may not be asked for your password when topping up your wallet, as opposed to spending funds already in your wallet, whether ‘Require Password at Checkout’ is switched on or off.
- You cannot place this setting on a sub account, as sub accounts do not have wallets. This means that sub account users are never asked for their password before completing a purchase. Use parental controls to limit sub account spending instead.
How do I switch ‘Require password’ on or off?
You can reach Account Management in a number of ways:
Tap [PlayStation Store] on the home screen and go to [Online ID] > [Account Settings].
Go to PlayStation Store. Sign in, go to your Online ID at the top of the page and click [Account Settings].
- Account Management website
Click here and sign in for the account management site.
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab and select ‘Wallet’.
- Click ‘Edit’ under ‘Wallet Settings’ and select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to turn the password requirement on or off and click ‘Save’.