What is ‘Require Password at Checkout’?
‘Require Password at Checkout’ is an account setting that stops you from spending wallet funds unless you enter your correct SEN account password. If you switch this setting on, you will be asked for your password whenever you make a purchase with wallet funds.
As this setting is on your account wallet please note the following:
- The setting applies whatever device you use to access PlayStation Store through your SEN account.
- You may not be asked for your password when topping up your wallet, as opposed to spending funds already in your wallet, whether ‘Require Password at Checkout’ is switched on or off.
- You cannot place this setting on a sub account, as sub accounts do not have wallets. This means that sub account users are never asked for their password before completing a purchase. Use parental controls to limit sub account spending instead.
How do I switch ‘Require password’ on or off?
- From the Home Menu go to [PlayStation Store] and tap [Options] > [Transaction Management] > [Security].
- Enter your password.
- Tick or untick the check box to turn the password requirement on or off.