Master account and sub account holders can limit how visible they are to other users on PlayStation Network and who they receive communications from using ‘Privacy Settings’. The aspects that can be altered include the following:
- Friend requests
- Voice and video chat invitations
- Invitations to play online
PlayStation 4 has more social options so there are a number of extra settings grouped into four areas. These extra settings include:
- Activities (this allows you to choose whose activity feed you appear on)
- Friends of friends (this allows you to choose whether friends of your friends to see your real name and profile)
- Players you may know (this allows you to choose whether we can recommend you as a new friend to other players)
- Games (choose who you want your real name and full profile visible to when playing online)
If you are a master account holder you cannot set parental controls on your associated sub accounts to limit the aspects of PlayStation Network listed above. Privacy Settings can only be changed through the sub account itself.
How do I change privacy settings?
There are a few extra ways to communicate and share your information on PlayStation 4, so make sure you check all four options in the Privacy Settings menu.
- Select your local user account and press up on the control pad to access the Function menu and go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network] > [Privacy Settings] and press (X button).
- Enter your password.
- Select the type of communication you would like to limit and press (X button).
- Choose how far you would like to limit communications from the drop down menu: Friends, Friends of Friends or No One, select Confirm and press (X button).