If you know your password, please see How to change an account password instead and if you have a sub account please see How to change a sub account password.
IMPORTANT - To reset your password you need the following:
- Your correct date of birth as used when you created your Sony Entertainment Network account or the answer to your security question.
- A valid, accessible email address used for your Sign-in ID. If you have forgotten your email account password, reset it before attempting to reset your Sony Entertainment Network account password.
- Access to an internet browser on PC, Mac or a mobile device.
If you do not have one or more of these requirements contact us from the email address you use as your sign in ID providing the following information:
- Online ID
- Sign-in ID
- A copy of your ID. For example your passport or driver’s license
Once we have reset your password, we recommend setting a Question & Answer on your account. This means that you can reset your password using either your date of birth or the answer to your question. You can do this by signing in to your account on PC and going to 'Security' on the Account Details page.
You should also verify your email address if you haven’t done so yet.
If you are under 18
You are not allowed to have a master account. You need to ask your parent or guardian to contact us for help.
Follow these steps:
- Sign out by going to [PlayStation Network] > [Account Management] and then pressing (triangle button). If you don't see [Account Management], then you are already signed out.
- On the sign-in screen, highlight "Forgot your password?" and press (X button).
- Enter your Sign-in ID (Email Address) and your date of birth and select ‘Confirm’.
- You will be emailed a secure link which will expire after 24 hours. If the link expires please follow steps 1 to 3 for it to be re-sent.
- Follow the secure link on a PC or mobile device connected to the internet and fill in the requested information.
- You will be forwarded to a page where you will be asked to choose a new password and confirm it.
- You can now sign-in to your account using your new password.
Having problems changing your Password?
- This may be because you have lost internet connection or because PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance. Check your internet connection and check for maintenance here.
- If you have not received the password reset email this may be because it has been filed in your spam folder by your email provider. To ensure you receive the password reset email, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book. If you still do not receive our email Contact Us for further assistance.
- If you have not changed your password, but receive an email notifying you that you have, contact us as soon as possible.