What is a sign-in ID?
Every SEN account has a sign-in ID linked to it which must be a valid email address to ensure that every user has a unique sign-in ID. We strongly recommend that you make sure you use an up to date and accessible email address to help to keep your account secure and so we can contact you with important account information.
What is email verification?
We may ask you to verify your email address either at the time that you create your account or at a later time. This is so we can make sure your email address is accurate and up to date.
How do I verify my email address?
We may prompt you to verify after signing into your PlayStation Network account. We will send you an email containing a link. Simply click the link to verify and continue to sign in.
How do I change my sign-in ID?
- Connect to the internet and go to [PlayStation Network] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Sign-in ID (email address)] and press (X button).
- Enter your password.
- Enter your new Sign-In ID (Email Address) and select [Confirm].
- If you are changing a sub account sign-in ID the master account will need to authorise this by entering their password.
- You can now sign-in to your account using your new Sign-in ID.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org at both your original and new email addresses to notify you of the change.
What do I do if I’m having problems changing my sign in ID?
- This may be because you have lost your connection to the internet or because PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance. Check your internet connection and check for maintenance.
- If you cannot change your sign in ID because the email address is already being used, contact us for help.
- If you have not changed your sign in ID, but receive an email notifying you that you have, contact us as soon as possible.
- If you cannot remember the email address you used to set up your account, you cannot use the methods listed here. Please contact us and provide the following information instead:
- Online ID
- A copy of your ID. For example your passport or driving license.