Game Experience May Change During Online Play.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND INDICATE WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREE TO ITS TERMS BY CLICKING THE "ACCEPT" OR "DECLINE" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS SCREEN. IF YOU CLICK THE "DECLINE" BUTTON YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE ONLINE VERSION OF THIS GAME. CHECK WITH SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. (“SCEA”) CONSUMER SERVICES AT 1-800-345-7669 WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR PURCHASE FOR REFUND OR RETURN INFORMATION. PLEASE HAVE YOUR PURCHASE RECEIPT AVAILABLE.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. This Agreement can be accepted only by an adult 18 years or older. By clicking the "ACCEPT" button, you affirm that you are an adult 18 years or older and you are accepting this Agreement on your own behalf or on behalf of your minor child (under 18).
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. SCEA grants you a non-exclusive right to use this software for play on a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system only. You may not (i) rent, lease or sublicense the software, (ii) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, (iii) attempt to create the source code from the object code for the software, or (iv) download game content for any purpose other than game play. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the software to another person provided that you transfer the original product and this Agreement with the software.
3. AUTHENTICATION/SERVICE. SCEA may retrieve information about a user’s hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system, rules, or game management and other purposes. The information collected does not identify the user personally and will not be shared with any non-SCE company. SCEA does not guarantee the continuous operation of the game servers and shall not be responsible for any delay or failure of the game servers to perform. In the event of a systems incompatibility or inoperability, the sole liability of SCEI, SCEA and their affiliates shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the user’s affected game software, console, or peripherals at the option of SCEA. SCEI, SCEA and their affiliates shall not be liable for any delays, system failures, authentication failures, or system outages, which may, from time to time, affect wireless game play or access thereto.
4. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. Before you can play, you will be asked to create an account with a user, player or other game name (“game name”). You may also be asked to select or provide additional information for a game profile. This information will not identify you personally.
5. PROTECTION OF IDENTITY. When you choose a game name, choose an alias to protect your identity. This game will save your game name and profile automatically. If your game name is inactive for an extended period your account may be deactivated. To inquire about a deactivated account, please contact SCEA Consumer Services at 1-800-345-7669. You agree that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the personal information you may intentionally or unintentionally disclose through login, game play and chat. You should avoid saying anything personally identifying in chat. SCEA has no liability for any violation of this Agreement by you or by any other player.
6. ONLINE CONDUCT. When you play, you agree to be respectful of your fellow players and never to engage in any behavior that would be abusive or offensive to other players, disruptive of the game experience, fraudulent or otherwise illegal. This includes but is not limited to:
(a) Harassing or intimidating other players while chatting or playing this game online or using information obtained while chatting or playing this game to harass or intimidate fellow players outside of the game;
(b) Using language, selecting user, character, clan or team names or creating any other content that is racially, ethnically or religiously offensive, sexually abusive, obscene, defamatory or one which infringes a registered trademark of SCEA or 3rd Party;
(c) Selecting as a user, character, clan or team name any word, symbol or combination of words and symbols which is identical to or substantially similar to any character, weapon, vehicle or other intellectual property element owned by SCEA which appears in this game or any other SCEA game;
(d) Using content that is commercial in nature such as advertisements, solicitations and promotions for goods or services;
(e) Falsely representing that you are an employee of Sony Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment America, or any other affiliated or related company;
(f) Disrupting the normal flow of chat in game chat rooms;
(g) Making a false report of user abuse to SCEA Consumer Services (see below);
(h) Violating any local, state or national law including but not limited to laws related to copyright, trademark, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking and the distribution of counterfeit software;
(i) Using a cheat code or cheat device. For a detailed explanation of the SCEA policy on cheating visit www.us.playstation.com/onlinecheating.
If you violate this Agreement in any manner, SCEA may at its discretion and without notice to you temporarily or permanently block your account in this game and any related games. In appropriate cases, SCEA may bring legal action against you or cooperate in any government or private legal action or investigation relating to your conduct within the game. To report violations of this Agreement or to inquire about a blocked account, call SCEA Consumer Services at 1-800-345-7669. SCEA has no liability for any violation of this Agreement by you or by any other player.
8. WARRANTY/DISCLAIMER. SCEA WARRANTS TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE GAME DISC THAT THE DISC IS FREE FROM DEFECTS IN MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP FOR A PERIOD OF NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. SEE GAME MANUAL FOR LIMITED WARRANTY DETAILS. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN, THE GAME DISC, SOFTWARE AND ALL RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PROVIDED UNDER LAW, SCEA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, SCEA does not promise that this software will work properly with any memory card storage or other peripheral device that has not been manufactured or licensed by SCEA or a related company. To insure compatibility use only PSP™ licensed or approved products. Additionally, SCEA does not guarantee that you will be able to play this game through Wi-Fi connectivity at any time you want. From time to time, there may be problems related to availability, access, delay and failure to perform that are beyond the immediate and reasonable control of SCEA. In the event of a dispute regarding the Wi-Fi functionality of this software, you agree that the sole liability of SCEA and its affiliated companies will be limited to repair or replacement of the game software at SCEA’s option. SCEA may, at its sole discretion, discontinue hosting of the game server at any time. SCEA has no liability for such discontinuance.
9. MODIFICATION. SCEA at its sole discretion may modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. You are responsible for reviewing the terms of this Agreement each time you login to play. By accepting this Agreement and by playing the game online, you agree to be bound by all current terms of the Agreement. To print out a current copy of this Agreement using your computer, go to www.us.playstation.com/support/useragreements.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California applying to contracts fully executed and performed within the State of California. Both parties submit to personal jurisdiction in California and further agree that any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement shall be brought in a court within San Mateo County, California. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable, and the validity and enforceability of all other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto related to the subject matter hereof and supercedes all prior oral and written and all contemporaneous oral negotiations, commitments and understandings of the parties, all of which are merged herein.