The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and is construed and evaluated according to California law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the Days Gone Anniversary Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection of entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Days Gone Anniversary Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at 18 years of age or older. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins April 26, 2021 at 8:00AM (Pacific Time) PT and ends on April 26, 2021 at 9:00PM PT (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in this Promotion, entrants must have a valid Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, or YouTube account. Entrants who do not have a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch or YouTube account can visit facebook.com, instagram.com, twitter.com, twitch.com, or youtube.com (each a “Website”, collectively the “Websites”) and follow the instructions provided to register for a free account. Entrants who wish to participate using a Facebook or Instagram account must set their account to permit public viewing in order for the Sponsor to receive your Entry (as hereinafter defined). There are eight ways to enter:
Option 1: Go to Bend Studio’s Facebook page (facebook.com/sonybendstudio) during the Promotion Period, comment in the comment section of the Days Gone Anniversary Sweepstakes post made by Bend Studio during the Promotion Period and include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway within your comment. To be eligible, you must like the Bend Studio account. Any comment submitted is subject to and must comply with all applicable Facebook Terms and Policies, copies of which are available at the Website.
Option 3: Go to Bend Studio’s Twitter page (twitter.com/bendstudio) during the Promotion Period, use your personal Twitter account to reply to the Days Gone Anniversary Sweepstakes tweet made by the Sponsor, and include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway. To be eligible, you must follow Bend Studio’s account. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Website and conform to Twitter’s 280-character limit.
Option 4: Go to OCDeidre’s YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8F_qOCmfvRkZqCdSs0dvgw) during the Promotion Period. Use your personal Twitter account to send a tweet @OCDeidre and include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway. To be eligible, you must follow @OCDeidre. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Website and conform to Twitter’s 280-character limit.
Option 5: Go to the YouTube page of Justin’s Gaming Corner (https://www.youtube.com/user/slasherjpc) during the Promotion Period. Use your personal Twitter account to send a tweet @Justins_Gaming_ and include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway. To be eligible, you must follow @Justins_Gaming_ on Twitter. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Website and conform to Twitter’s 280-character limit.
Option 6: Go to twitch.tv/thegametographers during the Promotion Period and watch the Gametographers with Lem Fillyaw live stream Days Gone. Use your personal Twitch account to comment in the chat. Include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway in your message. To be eligible, you must follow @gametographers. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the Twitch Terms of Service and Community Guidelines available at the Website.
Option 7: Go to youtube.com/PS4Trophies during the Promotion Period and watch PS5Trophies live stream Days Gone. Use your personal YouTube account to comment in the chat. Include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway in your message. To be eligible, you must follow @PS5Trophies. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service and YouTube Community Guidelines available at the Website.
Option 8: Go to twitch.tv/fourplayerpodcast during the Promotion Period and watch Four Player Podcast with Nick Henderson live stream Days Gone. Use your personal Twitch account to comment in the chat. Include the hashtag #DaysGoneGiveaway in your message. To be eligible, you must follow @YourHostNick. Your entry is subject to and must comply with the Twitch Terms of Service and Community Guidelines available at the Website.
Note that there are no correct answers.
Each entrant will receive one (1) entry (each an “Entry”, collectively “Entries”) when the entrant submits an Entry in one (1) of the formats described above and in accordance with these Official Rules (“Rules”). Any Entry that does not follow one of the above formats as determined by Sponsor will be ineligible for entry in this Promotion. Entries must not infringe, misappropriate or violate any third party’s rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and not contain any content that is offensive, illegal, obscene or that is otherwise objectionable to Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per option described above during the Promotion Period. Each Entry must be original and cannot be a duplicate, in whole or in part, of an Entry previously submitted in this Promotion by an entrant. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor), that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry per option during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, accounts, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Promotion; then said entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void).
The authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5.1. Fifteen (15) prizes are available to be won through entry options 1, 2, and 3, with five (5) prizes being allocated to each method of entry (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Five (5) prizes are available to be won through entry options 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with one (1) prize being allocated to each entry option. Each winner will receive one (1) download code for Days Gone Digital Deluxe Edition for PS4. Codes must be redeemed by March 31, 2023. The ARV of each prize is $49.99.
5.2. The total ARV of the prizes is $999.80 USD.
5.3. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow six weeks for prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Sponsor. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Twenty (20) potential winning entrants will be selected by random drawing on or about April 26, 2021. Potential winning entrants will be contacted via private message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, as appliable. Sponsor will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the potential winning entrants. If a potential winning entrant is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 48 hours, the potential winning entrant will be disqualified and a new potential winning entrant will be selected by random drawing.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown, state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion will be void. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be harassing, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant. Sponsor has no obligation to return any entry consideration, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified entrant.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
14. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Days Gone Anniversary Sweepstakes”, Attn: Game Design, 721 SW Industrial Way, Bend, OR 97702. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by 2 weeks after the prizes are anticipated to be awarded.
16. SPONSOR: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404.