One of the many memorable characters in the Dragon Warrior series was Torneko a roly-poly shopkeeper whose dream was to become the world's greatest merchant. Now, Torneko returns, in Torneko: The Last Hope, a game that follows a grand tradition of action/RPG/dungeon-exploration games.
Longtime Dragon Warrior fans will find familiar elements as they fight armies of monsters, from Slimes and Wyverns to vomiting Zombies and the insanely powerful Red Dragon. You must outthink enemies who are often faster or stronger than you, efficiently using weapons and magic when the odds are against you. What's more, in order to succeed you will also test the limits of Torneko's insatiable appetite.
- Set in the world of Dragon Warrior- familiar monsters, magic and characters from the Dragon Warrior series
- Over 150 unique characters and monsters designed by Akira Toriyama (creator of the Dragon Ball comic book series)
- Each time a new dungeon is visited, the floor plan is different from previous visits. Layouts may also change due to Torneko's actions or monsters actions.
- Over 100 unique items to gather and use including weapons, shields, staffs, scrolls, rings, projectiles, pots, herbs, bread (Torneko loves to eat as much as he loves adventure), chests and keys
- Claymation FMVs and scene backgrounds
- Turn-based combat that emphasizes tactics and strategy