The #1 snowboarding series returns!
Shred killer terrain, break off a sick Alley-oop 360 Method and take on the most challenging group of pros ever assembled! The fifth game in the series, Cool Boarders 2001, with all-new mountains and courses, awesome tricks, incredible obstacles, top pro riders, and phenomenal gameplay, will have you carving up the slopes and panting for breath. Pull off an impossible Backside Indy 540 and then tweak a 720 Stalefish in the Big Air or take on a pro rider in the Downhill Points Run. It's the most realistic ride ever...just watch out for the occasional wipeout.
Cool Boarders 2001 attempts to give the snowboarding genre a new twist with real-life racers, tracks and tricks galore. The roster of racers includes three-time North American Champion Todd Richards, six-time Women's World Champion Michele Taggart, U.S. Olympic Team Member Barrett Christy, and two-time Female Freestyle Rider of the Year Tara Dakides. Cool Boarders 2001 is all about racing with style, especially with the hundreds of different tricks gamers can perform. Motion-captured animations ensure true-to-life flips, tweaks, and bails. Carve the slopes in thrilling events such as Downhill Checkpoint, Board Park, Downhill Gates, Big Air, CBX, and Half Pipe.
Take on each pro in his or her best event. Winning these events unlocks items such as other pros, boards, attributes, new courses and special moves. Get huge air and pull off unbelievable moves. Each rider now has several special moves that can score incredible point combos. Also, perfect your tricks in the Trickmaster mode and learn to ride like the pros.Key Features:
- 10 World-Class Professional Riders including snowboarding champions Todd Richards, Barrett Christy, and Tara Dakides
- More than 20 all-new challenging courses
- Pro Challenge mode--take on the pros in a series of one-on-one competitions
- All-new tricks, grinds, grabs, and special moves
- Authentic character customization--create your own rider and outfit him or her in gear from numerous top sponsors
- Ride solo or challenge a friend to see who can nail the best tricks and get down the hill first