Exclusively licensed by World Class Rally driver Colin McRae, this excellent racing game finally takes the off-roader to dizzying new heights of realism and fun.
This game is a simulation of the sport of rally racing, in which drivers race through all kinds of terrain and weather conditions to achieve the fastest time. In real rally racing, drivers compete one at a time, and that has been incorporated into Colin McRae Rally, where it's just you against the clock. To help you learn how to race, the game has a Rally School, where you take various lessons, get helpful advice from Colin himself, and receive a report card. It's in this school that you will learn the appropriate the game's realistic physics engine. There are also Single Race and Time Trial modes for practice of the actual courses from around the world, which all have different terrain, like mud, gravel, and dirt. The Championship mode is the ultimate test. 48 courses in eight locations, and variable weather conditions and terrain make for a serious challenge. Fortunately, you can modify your car before each race, so you can optimize your performance and shave seconds off your record each time.
Power-drive the greatest world rally cars. Achieve winning times to drive point-to-point stages as well as super-special stages across the toughest terrains and tracks around the world. Compete in Individual Stages, International Rallies, Time Trials, or the entire Championship. Key Features:
- 12 World Class Rally cars: Subaru Impreza WRC, Toyota Corolla WRC, Ford Escort WRC, Mitsubishi Lancer E4, VW Golf GTI, Audi Quattro, Seat Ibiza Kit Car Evo2, Skoda Felicia, and more!
- Head-to-head competition in 2-player simultaneous super-special stage rallies
- Realistic and challenging surfaces--ice, snow, gravel, tarmac, and mud--that all react to you (learn which terrains encourage you to drift the car and which requires you to fight hard to corner)
- Thrilling night-driving stages that add even more excitement
- 5 views: Bumper, Bonnet, and HeadCam, plus two out-of-car views
- Car Repair and Setup options: change your suspension, set brake bias, choose acceleration vs. max speed, select tire type, and set steering sensitivity
- Tracks in 8 countries including the exotic jungles of Indonesia, the dusty plains of Australia, the muddy forests of the UK, the dry rugged roads of Greece, the snowy mountains of Monte Carlo and Sweden, the rolling hills and farmlands of New Zealand, and the twisty coastal roads of Corsica
- Over 48 unique international stages with intricately mapped and textured 3D graphics.
- Extensive in-game audio navigation by McRae's real-life co-driver Nicky Grist
- Precisely modeled cars, performance, and handling taken directly from the manufacturers
- Full Rally School training from Colin McRae--learn to drive rally style!