The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and District of Columbia only and is construed and evaluated according to California law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the PlayStation® Now Dynamic Theme Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection of the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins January 6, 2015 at 10:00AM PST and ends on January 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM PST (“Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: A PlayStation®4 entertainment system, valid PlayStation Network account and internet connection are required for entry.
Ø Download and install the PSX theme from PlayStation Network during the Promotion Period to enter the Promotion.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Limit one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Entrants must provide a valid email address that is associated with their PlayStation Network account. The authorized account holder of the email address associated with the PlayStation Network account used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor will randomly select 100 winners, on or around February 27, 2015 on or around 5:00 PM PST (“Winner Drawing”). Sponsor will notify winners within 7 days after the Winner Drawing via an email sent to the email address associated with the winner’s PlayStation Network account used to enter the Promotion. If a winner is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion, the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected by Sponsor via random drawing.
7. PRIZE: Each qualified winner will receive one (1) twelve-month PlayStation® Now subscription for the PlayStation® entertainment system; average retail value is $19.99. Prize fulfillment based on availability. Please allow 2 weeks for prize delivery from the date of the Winner Drawing. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning entrant will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the entrant resides, then that entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an entrant (using the contact information provided in his or her registration) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant. Sponsor has no obligation to return any entry consideration, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified entrant.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, entrants release the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
14. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “PlayStation® Now Dynamic Theme Sweepstakes”, Attn: SCEA Promotions, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received within 15 business days after the end of the Promotion Period.
16. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, CA 94404.