The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and is construed and evaluated according to California law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SEMI-FINALISTS MUST RESPOND, AND THE RESPONSE MUST BE RECEIVED BY SPONSOR, WITHIN 24 HOURS OF SPONSOR’S NOTIFICATION TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GRAND PRIZE DRAWING.
By participating in the PlayStation® Heroes Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”), each Entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state or district of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection of entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (“Entrant”) and have a valid Sony Entertainment Network Account (“SEN Account”). Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect SEN Account information. To sign up for a free SEN Account, please visit http://us.playstation.com/psn/signin and follow the prompts. Entrants under the legal age of majority in their state or district of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from their parent or guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins September 1, 2015 at 1:00PM PST and ends on September 15, 2015 at 11:59PM PST (the “Promotion Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER:
3.1. Online Entry via PlayStation®Store during the Promotion Period:
3.1.1. Entrants can purchase the Foul Play game (“Foul Play”) by choosing the following amounts: $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, or $100 on PlayStation®Store at http://store.playstation.com, and logging on to his or her SEN Account. The purchase of Foul Play is subject to the terms and conditions of PlayStation®Store http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/terms-of-service/.
3.1.2. After payment, Entrants must return to http://www.playstation.com/heroes to register. Select the “Register” button, complete the entry form accurately, and select “Submit”.
3.1.3. Entrants who purchase Foul Play for:
184.108.40.206. $2 will obtain 2 entries;
220.127.116.11. $5 will obtain 5 entries;
18.104.22.168. $10 will obtain 10 entries;
22.214.171.124. $20 will obtain 20 entries;
126.96.36.199. $50 will obtain 50 entries;
188.8.131.52. $100 will obtain 100 entries.
3.2. Mail-in Entry: To enter via mail, send a postcard with your valid SEN Account to: PlayStation Heroes Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Mail-in entries must be received by Sponsor by September 15, 2015. Requests sent in an envelope will not be accepted. Requests must be original and hand-written. No mechanical reproductions are allowed. 1 postcard constitutes 1 entry.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Limit 100 entries per person regardless of method(s) of entry. The authorized account holder of the email address associated with the SEN Account used to enter the Promotion is deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5.1. Grand Prize: One Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for 2 to the San Francisco Bay Area to attend PlayStation Experience on December 5-6, 2015 (“Event”). Trip prize package will be arranged by Sponsor, and will include two 2-day tickets to PlayStation Experience, round trip coach class airfare for 2 to the San Francisco Bay Area (from major airport nearest to winner’s home), 2 nights double occupancy hotel accommodations, transportation to and from Event, $1,850.00 to be used at the winner’s discretion, 1 PS4 system, and 1 video game for the PS4 system (chosen at Sponsor’s discretion). The total approximate retail value (ARV) of the trip prize package is $4,999.97.
All travel details will be at Sponsor’s discretion. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel during designated time period. No compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Airline tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsors' sole discretion.
Winner must comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Room taxes and other hotel fees may not be included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner or guest. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, which may include but not be limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner.
The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Promotion begins and may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes.
The winner’s travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. The winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. The travel companion of the grand prize winner must sign a travel and publicity release prior to making any travel arrangements. Failure to return this Travel Companion Release with the Grand Prize Winner’s Affidavit within 48 hours of receipt will result of forfeiture of entire prize package. If the winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner.
In the event the winner or his or her travel companion engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
5.2. The restrictions and conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the above may be subject to additional restrictions and conditions, which may be stated in any correspondence with Sponsor or other travel documents. Semi-Finalist Prize: Each Semi-Finalist will receive a code for a 3 month subscription to the PlayStation Plus service, ARV $17.99 for each code. There are an initial 10 Semi-Finalist prizes. In the event the initial 10 Semi-Finalists are deemed ineligible or unable to receive the Grand Prize, Sponsor will conduct a second and final drawing to choose 10 additional Semi-Finalist winners. In no event shall Sponsor award more than 20 Semi-Finalist prizes.
5.3. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Please allow 6 weeks for prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Sponsor. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a Semi-Finalist Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received and whether Sponsor conducts one or two Semi-Finalist prize drawings. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Semi-Finalists.
7. WINNER SELECTION: After the Promotion Period, the first 10 potential winning Entrants will be selected by a random drawing on or about September 15, 2015 (“Semi-Finalists”). One eligible Semi-Finalist will be awarded the Grand Prize. In the event the first 10 Semi-Finalists are deemed ineligible or unable to receive the Grand Prize, Sponsor will conduct a second and final drawing to choose 10 additional Semi-Finalist winners. Sponsor will conduct a second and final drawing to choose the Grand Prize Winner from the eligible Semi-Finalists winners chosen in the second drawing. In no event will Sponsor conduct more than 2 Semi-Finalist drawings. If no Semi-Finalist winners are eligible to receive the Grand Prize, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose to award no Grand Prize. All potential winning Entrants will be contacted via SEN Account and the email address associated with their SEN Account. If a Semi-Finalist is determined by Sponsor to be unqualified to participate in this Promotion or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence in the manner specified by Sponsor within 24 hours of the time at which Sponsor sent the correspondence, the Semi-Finalist will be disqualified. Semi-finalists must indicate in their response that they are able to accept the Grand Prize and attend PlayStation Experience in the San Francisco Bay Area on December 5-6, 2015 in order to be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Potential winning Entrants may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any Entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor will be disqualified. If a potential winning Entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Entrant resides, then that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non-compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information associated with the SEN Account used to enter the Promotion) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown, state or district, and any other information submitted to Sponsor by Entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion will be void. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be harassing, detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant. Sponsor has no obligation to return any entry consideration, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified Entrant.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely entries that may limit Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render Entrants ineligible and all associated entries will be void.
14. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in San Mateo, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
15. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “PlayStation Heroes Sweepstakes Winners List Request”, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after all prizes are awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by October 27, 2015.
16. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 2207 Bridgepointe Parkway, San Mateo, CA 94404.