Specific Rules for “Win the future of play” Competition
1. The “Win the future of play” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on 28th November 2016 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 12th December at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) click on the "Win the future of play” Competition link;
c) enter your email address in the field provided;
d) click “Start” to begin the multiple choice quiz;
e) answer all of the multiple choice questions, enter an answer to the “tie-breaker” question (“Tie-breaker”), enter the unique CAPTCHA code that will be visible on the page and click “Submit”; and
f) enter the information in the fields provided and click “Submit”.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”). The Winner will be determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of multiple choice questions they answered correctly (“Score”);
b) the Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Scores. In the event of a tie, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score and that provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker;
c) if, instead of a tie, insufficient Entrants provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker to allow Winner selection, the Winner shall be the Entrant whose answer to the Tie breaker is closest to the correct answer; and
d) in the event of any further tie, those Entrants shall answer another “tie-breaker” question to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one (1) Winner is obtained.
7. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry.
8. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within one week (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth. The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry.
9. The Winner will win:
a) one (1) PlayStation®VR headset;
b) one (1) PS4 Pro 1TB console;
c) one (1) Sony XD83 4K HDR WITH ANDROID TV (43”);
d) one (1) PS Camera;
e) one (1) PS Move Controllers Twin pack ;
f) one (1) copy of RIGS: Mechanised Combat League PS4 game, VR Worlds PS4 game, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood PS4 game, Battlezone PS4 game, Hustle King VR PS4 game, Super Stardust Ultra VR PS4 game, Tumblr VR PS4 game, Here They Lie PS4 game, Eve: Valkyrie PS4 game, DriveClub VR PS4 game, Headmaster PS4 game, Job Simulator PS4 game, Megaton Rainfall PS4 game, Robinson: The Journey PS4 game, Batman Arkham VR PS4 game, Thumper PS4 game, for PlayStation®VR in the form of one (1) voucher code, which must be redeemed on the PlayStation®Store, with a total approximate value of EUR 3416 / GBP 3000 / AUD 4834 / 3756 CHF / CZK 92296 / DKK 25388 / 31951 NOK / 5016 NZD / PLN 14 800 / 235816 RUB / SEK 33623 (“Winner Prize”).
10. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by registered post, the Winner Prize to the Winner within ten weeks (10) of receiving a Winner’s details.
11. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize.
12. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
18. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
19. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, and 8, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
20. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
21. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked “Win the future of play” to the following address: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
22. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
23. The “Promoter” is: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.