Specific Rules for "Tearaway Caption" Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. The "Tearaway Caption" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 14 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 12 November 2013 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 22 November 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation Europe Facebook page at http://facebook.com/#!/SonyPlaystation?hc_location=stream;
b) read the post entitled "Tearaway Caption Competition" ("Post") which will feature a Tearaway screenshot ("Screenshot");
c) reply to the Post with a caption relating to the Screenshot (no more than 20 words); and
5. Each Entrant may submit multiple entries and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
8. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
9. There will be two (2) winners (each a "Winner") and five (5) runner-ups ("each a "Runner-Up"). Each Winner and Runner-Up will be chosen by a panel of independent judges based on the creativity and originality of their caption.
10. The Promoter shall notify each Winner and Runner-Up, by private message ("PM") to their Facebook inbox, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
11. Each Winner will win:
a) one (1) PlayStation Vita Wifi; and
b) one (1) copy of Tearaway,
with a total value of approximately: AUS $328.49 / €228.99 / CZK 5846 / DKK 1708.15 / NZ $375.42 / NOK 1874.01 / PLN 960.81 / RUB 10003.26 / £194.21 ("Winner Prize").
Each Runner-Up will win one (1) copy of Tearaway with a value of AUS $43.02 / €29.99 / CZK 765.63 / DKK 223.71 / NZ $49.17 / NOK 245.61 / PLN 125.83 / RUB 1305.43 / £25.44 ("Runner-Up Prize").
In these terms, ("Prize") shall mean a Winner's Prize and/or a Runner-Up's Prize, as appropriate in the context.
12. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner and Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's PM to them, providing their name, date of birth and postal address, and telephone number within thirty (30) days of receiving it.
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by courier, the Prize to each Winner and Runner-Up within thirty (30) days of receiving a Winner's and Runner-Up's details.
18. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's and/or Runner-Up's statutory rights (if any).
19. Each Winner and Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner's and Runner-Up's name on the Promoter's website(s), PlayStation Facebook page, PlayStation Twitter page, the PlayStation blog and PlayStation forums. Each Winner's and Runner-Up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Tearaway Caption Competition' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
22. Each Winner and Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each Entrant is providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information each Entrant provides will only be used to administer the Competition. Each Entrant agrees that Facebook shall not have any liability in relation to the Competition