Terms and Conditions
1. The "The Ultimate Gran Turismo® Racing Package" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 11 November 2013 at 00.01 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 31 December 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the Competition web page at [http://competition.software.eu.playstation.com/comps/gt6/en_GB] ("Site");
b) click on the [enter] on the Site;
c) enter their email address in the field provided;
d) click 'Start' to begin the timed multiple choice quiz;
e) answer all of the multiple choice questions as quickly as possible and click 'Submit' once completed to stop the timer; and
f) enter the following information in the fields provided and click 'submit':
i. email address (which should match the email address provided at step (c) above);
ii. full name;
iii. date of birth; and
iv. country of residence.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to suspect that the Entrant has entered the Competition using multiple or fake e-mail addresses, or otherwise engaged in dishonest or cheating behavior.
6. There will be five (5) winners (each a "Winner") and ten (10) runners-up (each a "Runner-Up"), determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of questions they answered correctly ("Score") and a time corresponding to the time in which it took them to complete the questions and click "Submit" ("Time"). Times shall be recorded to three decimal places;
b) the Winners shall be the Entrants with the highest five (5) Scores. In the event that more than five (5) Entrants obtain the equal highest Score, the Winner shall be the five (5) Entrants that obtained the highest Score in the fastest Time;
c) the Runners-Up shall be the ten (10) Entrants who are not Winners, but who obtained the equal highest Score in the next fastest Times, or who obtained the next highest Score in the fastest Times (in the event that those Runners-Up did not obtain the equal highest Score); and
d) in the event of a tie for a Winner or Runner-Up position, the relevant Entrants shall complete another set of timed multiple-choice questions to determine the Winner (or Runner-Up, if applicable), in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until the relevant Winner (or Runner-Up, if applicable) is obtained.
7. The Promoter shall notify each Winner and each Runner-Up, by email via the email address provided, of their selection within three (3) weeks of the Closing Date.
8. Each Winner will win one Gran Turismo® racing pod ("Winner Prize"), which includes:
a) one (1) Gran Turismo® racing pod of 2.0 metres in length, 2.0 metres in height and 0.7 metres in width, with an approximate weight of 250kg;
b) one (1) 40" Sony Bravia television;
c) one (1) PlayStation®3 500 GB super slim games console;
d) one (1) Gran Turismo®6 anniversary edition game;
e) one (1) Thrustmaster® T500 RS racing wheel; and
f) one (1) Thrustmaster® racing seat,
each with an approximate value of:
a) GBP 5,500.00;
b) EUR 6,415.07;
c) AUD 9,299.44;
d) CZK 165,227.63;
e) RUB 282,970.98;
f) DKK 47,879.96;
g) NOK 51,899.78;
h) PLN 26,795.20;
i) NZD 10,717.10; and
j) CHF 7,933.08.
9. Each Runner-Up will win one (1) PlayStation®3 500 GB super slim games console and one (1) Gran Turismo®6 game ("Runner-Up Prize"), each with an approximate value of:
a) GBP 200.00;
b) EUR 233.29;
c) AUD 338.07;
d) CZK 6008.80;
e) RUB 10,282.41;
f) DKK 1,740.49;
g) NOK 1,889.08;
h) PLN 973.34;
i) NZD 389.68; and
j) CHF 288.62.
10. In these Terms, "Prize" shall mean the Winner Prize and/or the Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
11. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their full name, date of birth, postal address and country of residency, within one (1) week of receiving it.
12. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
13. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
14. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
16. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by courier to the postal address provided, the Prize to each Winner and each Runner-Up within thirty (30) days of receiving a Winner's or Runner-Up's details.
17. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's or Runner-Up's statutory rights (if any).
18. Each Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
19. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner's and each Runner-Up's name on the Promoter's website(s). Each Winner's and each Runner-Up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'The Ultimate Gran Turismo® Racing Package' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
21.Each Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
22. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
23. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.