Terms and Conditions
1. The "The best of Beyond: Two Souls" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 7 October 2013 at 15.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 15 October 2013 at 15.00 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) sign into their SEN account;
c) visit their local language PlayStation Forum at http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu ("Forum");
d) Click on the "[European Competition] Win BIG with BEYOND: Two Souls" thread; [http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/BEYOND-Two-Souls/European-Competition-Win-BIG-with-BEYOND-Two-Souls/td-p/19868401]" ("Thread");
e) answer the following question: "What is most impressive about your BEYOND: Two Souls experience on PlayStation®3?" by posting a reply including their PSN Online ID in the Thread (of no more than 200 words); and
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be five (5) winners (each a "Winner") and five (5) runners-up (each a "Runner-up"). Each Winner and each Runner-up will be selected by a Most Valued PlayStationer "MVP" (as defined on the PlayStation Forum) and one (1) employee of the Promoter, based upon the originality and creativity of the reply. Each MVP is an independent judge and is not permitted to enter the Competition themselves. The decision of the judges is final.
11. Each Winner will win:
a) one (1) PlayStation®3 500GB system;
b) one (1) Beyond: Two Souls game ("Game") for PlayStation®3;
c) one (1) Beyond: Two Souls media kit which comprises: (i) one (1) book of Game imagery with annotations from David Cage (writer and director of the Game); (ii) one (1) review code disc of the Game; and (iii) one (1) quick response ('QR') code which links to marketing material for the Game; and
d) one (1) Game t-shirt,
("Winner Prize"), with a total value of approximately £ 252.99 / € 269.88 / CHF 333.82 / DKK 2,012.65 / PLN 1,140.90 / RUB 11,610.39 / NZD 435.50 / AUD 387.75 / NOK 2,163.88 / SEK 2,316.57.
12. Each Runner-up will win:
a) one (1) Game; and
b) one (1) Game t-shirt,
("Runner-up Prize"), with a total value of £ 54 / € 69.98 / CHF 86.55 / DKK 521.89 / PLN 295.79 / RUB 3012.22 / NZD 112.92 / AUD 100.55 / NOK 560.86 / SEK 600.72.
In these terms, "Prize" shall mean the Winner's Prize and/or the Runner-up's Prize, as appropriate in the context.
13. The Promoter shall notify each Winner and each Runner-up, by Private Message ("PM") on the Forum, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
14. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner and each Runner-up must respond to the Promoter's PM on the Forum, specifying their name, date of birth, postal address and the email address linked to their SEN account, within thirty (30) days of receiving the Promoter's PM.
15. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
16. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
17. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
19. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by registered post, the Prize to each Winner and each Runner-up within thirty (30) days of receiving the details of each Winner and each Runner-up.
20. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect each Winner's and each Runner-up's statutory rights (if any).
21. Each Winner and each Runner-up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner's and each Runner-up's name on the Promoter's website(s). Each Winner's and each Runner-up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'The best of Beyond: Two Souls' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
23. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
24. Each Winner and each Runner-up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
25. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
26. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
27. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.