1. The “Tearaway Unfolded Costume” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 13 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, New-Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom. (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on 7 May 2015 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 13 May 2015 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) click on the Tearaway Costume Competition link to visit the Competition page (“Page”);
c) design an original costume;
d) Entrants may choose to design their costume by either:
I. using the messenger customisation tools in the Tearaway PlayStation® Vita game; or
II. using the ‘cutting mat’ in the Tearaway PlayStation® Vita game, where they can select different sheets of coloured paper to cut their own shapes and create their own custom pieces; or
III. using papercraft;
e) once the costume is complete Entrants must either:
I. save a digital copy of their completed costume; or
II. take a photo of their completed costume, (each an “Image”);
f) Upload their Image to the Page. The Image submitted must be in .jpeg format, and the file size must not exceed 5000 kilobytes;
g) enter the following information in the fields provided and click “Submit”:
I. confirmation of email address;
II. full name;
III. date of birth; and
IV. country of residence; and
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 4 and 6. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for:
I. promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition and the Game (as defined below), across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control; and
II. for all purposes related to the Game, including inclusion of the Costume in the Game.
8. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
9. There will be one (1) winner (each a “Winner”). The Winner will be selected by an independent judge, who shall not be permitted to enter the Competition themselves, based upon the originality, personality and creativity of the image. The decision of the judges is final.
10. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
11. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, and date of birth.
12. The Winner will win the right to have their costume included in the Tearaway Unfolded PlayStation®4 game ("Game"), as modified by the Promoter in its sole discretion, ("Winner Prize").
13. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize.
14. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
16. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
19. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 8 and 11, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
21. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Tearaway Unfolded Costume’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
22. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
23. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.