Terms and Conditions
1. The "SingStar™ Easter Egg Hunt” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovakia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 30 March 2015 at 10.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 3 April 2015 at 16.30 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the SingStar® website at http://www.singstar.com (“Website”);
b) search for a clue to find out where the egg is hidden on the Website;
c) once they have found the egg, take note of the code on the egg (“Code”); and
d) compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Easter” and include their full name and the Code.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry per day during the Competition Period and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be five (5) winners (each a “Winner”). Each Winner will be selected at random from those Entrants who include the correct Code in their email sent pursuant to clause 4 above by an electronic computer process.
7. The Promoter shall notify each Winner by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
8. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth.
9. Each Winner will win:
a) one (1) SingStar™ Ultimate Party PlayStation®3 or PlayStation®4 disc game;
b) one (1) SingStar™ T-shirt;
c) one (1) SingStar™ Keyring; and
d) one (1) Packet of SingStar™ Balloons,
with a total approximate value of GBP 26.67 / EUR 37.39 / NZD 53.94 / CHF 39.87 (“Prize”).
10. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by registered post, the Winner Prize to each Winner within one (1) week of receiving a Winner’s details.
11. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
12. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
13. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
16. Each Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
17. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5 and/or 8, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
18. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
19. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘SingStar™ Easter Egg Hunt Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
20. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
21. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
22. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.