2. The Competition is open for entries on 29 July 2014 at 09.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 3 September 2014 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) click on the "PlayStation®Vita 2014” Competition link;
c) enter their email address in the field provided;
d) click “Start” to begin the timed multiple choice quiz;
e) answer all of the multiple choice questions as quickly as possible, enter the unique CAPTCHA code that will be visible and click “Submit” once completed to stop the timer; and
f) enter the following information in the fields provided and click “Submit”:
I. confirmation of email address;
II. full name;
III. date of birth; and
IV. country of residence.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”) and five (5) runners-up (each a “Runner-Up”) determined as follows:
a) Each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of questions they answered correctly (“Score”) and a time corresponding to the time in which it took them to complete the questions, enter the CAPTCHA code and click “Submit” (“Time”). Times shall be recorded to three decimal places;
b) The Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Score. In the event that more than one (1) Entrant obtains the equal highest Score, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score in the fastest Time;
c) In the event that more than one (1) Entrant obtained the highest Score in the exact same fastest Time, those Entrants shall complete another set of timed multiple-choice questions to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a) and b) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one (1) Winner is obtained; and
d) the Runners-Up will be the Entrants with the five (5) highest Scores after the Winner and shall be determined using the mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above.
7. The Promoter shall notify the Winner and each Runner-Up, by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
8. The Winner will win:
a) one (1) PlayStation®Vita PCH-2000 series (Black) (“System”); and
b) one (1) voucher code to download:
I. one (1) copy of LEGO® The Hobbit™ for PlayStation®Vita;
II. one (1) copy of Playstation®Vita Pets for PlayStation®Vita; and
III. one (1) copy of The Sly Trilogy for PlayStation®Vita,
(“Voucher Code Prize”),
with a total approximate value of AUD 425 / EUR 290 / CZK 7970 / DKK 2165 / NZD 455 / NOK 2370 / PLN 1201 / RUB 13620 / SEK 2615 / CHF 353 / GBP 235 (“Winner Prize”).
9. Each Runner-Up will win one (1) Voucher Code Prize, with a total approximate value of AUD 130 / EUR 90 / CZK 2475 / DKK 675 / NZD 140 / NOK 735 / PLN 375 / / RUB 4226 / SEK 815 / CHF 110 / GBP 75 (“Runner-Up Prize”).
10. In these terms, (“Prize”) shall mean a Winner Prize, and/or a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
11. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within 30 days from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth.
12. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) by registered post, the System to the Winner; and
b) by email, the Voucher Code Prize to the Winner and each Runner-Up,
within 60 days of the receiving a Winner’s and/or Runner-Up’s details.
18. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s and/or Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
19. The Winner and each Runner-Up agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked “PlayStation®Vita 2014 Competition” to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, and 11, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
22. The Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.