Terms and Conditions
1. The “PlayStation® Store Autumn Escapade” (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on 8th April 2016 at 16.30 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 7th May 2016 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here). In case of any conflict or discrepancy between these Terms and the General Rules, these Terms shall prevail.
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network account), create one for free using their PlayStation® system or by visitinghttp://eu.playstation.com/registration/
c) sign into their Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account;
d) click on the "PlayStation® Store Autumn Escapade” Competition link to visit the Competition page;
e) click “Start” to begin the multiple choice quiz;
f) answer all of the multiple choice questions, enter an answer to the “tie-breaker” question (“Tie-breaker”), enter the unique CAPTCHA code that will be visible and click “Submit”; and
g) enter the information in the fields provided and click “Submit”.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”). The Winner will be determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of multiple choice questions they answered correctly (“Score”);
b) the Winners shall be the Entrants with the highest Scores. In the event of a tie, the Winners shall be the Entrants that obtained the highest Score and that provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker;
c) if, instead of a tie, insufficient Entrants provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker to allow Winner selection, the Winners shall be the Entrants whose answer to the Tie breaker is closest to the correct answer;
d) in the event of any further tie, those Entrants shall answer another “tie-breaker” question to determine the Winners, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one (1) Winners are obtained.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winners by email to the email address linked their SEN account of their selection within four (4) weeks of the Closing Date.
9. In order to claim their Winner Prize (as defined below), the Winners must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s email within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address, date of birth and contact phone number. The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry, or the Winner may be disqualified.
10. The Winner will win the following “Winner Prize”:
a) One (1) 1TB PlayStation®4 system – Black
b) One (1) PlayStation®4 custom faceplate – Red
c) One (1) DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller – Magma Red
d) One (1) PlayStation®4 wireless headset – Black
e) One (1) “Since ‘94” PlayStation Gear reversible backpack
f) One (1) Black belt with PlayStation Controller buckle
g) One (1) PlayStation®Store 250 GBP (470 AUD / 520 NZD / 8500 CZK / 2900 NOK / 26000 RUB / 1400 PLN / 320 EUR / 340 CHF / 2200 DKK/) credit in the form of a voucher code, which must be redeemed by [01/08/2016] on the PlayStation®Store, with a total approximate value 720.50 GBP / 925 EUR / 1400 AUD /1513 NZD / 74101.74 RUB / 6889.20 DKK / 4003.18 PLN / 8701.61 NOK / 1002.94 CHF / 25010.63 CZK (“Winner Prize”).
11. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by registered post the Winner Prize to the Winner; within four (4) weeks of receiving a Winner’s details.
12. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize.
13. Voucher codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the voucher code.
14. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
15. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
16. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
19. The Winners agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
21. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
22. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘PlayStation® Store Autumn Escapade’ to the following address:Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.