Terms and Conditions
1. The “PlayStation®Plus Gamescom Competition” (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Austria, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on 22nd July 2016 at 14.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 31st July 2016 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here). In case of any conflict or discrepancy between these Terms and the General Rules, these Terms shall prevail.
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network account), create one for free using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/
c) sign into their Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account;
d) click on the "PlayStation®Plus Gamescom Competition” Competition link to visit the Competition page;
e) click “Start” to begin the multiple choice quiz;
f) answer all of the multiple choice questions, enter an answer to the “tie-breaker” question (“Tie-breaker”), enter the unique CAPTCHA code that will be visible and click “Submit”; and
g) enter the information in the fields provided and click “Submit”.
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”). The Winner will be determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of multiple choice questions they answered correctly (“Score”);
b) the Winners shall be the Entrants with the highest Scores. In the event of a tie, the Winners shall be the Entrants that obtained the highest Score and that provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker;
c) if, instead of a tie, insufficient Entrants provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker to allow Winner selection, the Winners shall be the Entrants whose answer to the Tie breaker is closest to the correct answer;
d) in the event of any further tie, those Entrants shall answer another “tie-breaker” question to determine the Winners, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one (1) Winners are obtained.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winners by email to the email address linked their SEN account of their selection within four (4) weeks of the Closing Date.
9. In order to claim their Winner Prize (as defined below), the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s email within one week from the date of the Promoter’s email, and provide their full name, postal address, date of birth, contact phone number and the name of their chosen companion (who must also be over eighteen (18) years of age) (“Companion”). The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry, or the Winner may be disqualified.
10. The Winner will win the following “Winner Prize”:
a) Four (4) tickets (two (2) tickets for the Winner and two (2) tickets for their Companion to Gamescom 2016 to be held at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany on 17th August 2016 and the 21st August 2016 only (“Event”);
b) one (1) return economy class flight ticket for the Winner and one (1) return economy class flight ticket their Companion from the Winner’s home country to Cologne-Bonn Airport, Cologne, Germany, outbound on 17th August 2016 and inbound on 22nd August 2016 (may not be direct);
c) Five (5) nights’ stay in a double or twin room at a hotel (“Hotel”), in Cologne with a minimum five star rating (room only).
d) return transport from Cologne-Bonn Airport to the Hotel on the dates of their inbound and outbound flights;
e) €1,000 (or the Winner's local currency equivalent, to be determined on the day the money is sent to the Winner) of spending money to be put towards meals, drinks, tips and transport (other than transport expressly included above) for the duration of the trip (“Spending Money”).
11. The ultimate value of the Winner Prize will vary according to the transport and accommodation provided, however the approximate Prize value (excluding VAT and flight costs) is:
a) 3175 GBP; and
b) EUR 3720 / AUD 5440 / CZK 100582 / DKK 27669 / NZD 5671 / NOK 34929 / PLN 16484 / RUB 263211 / SEK 35235 / CHF 4045
12. The Winner will be contacted by a third party agency (“Agency”) within one week week of the date on which they confirmed their details to the Promoter, to arrange travel and other prize logistics. The Agency may liaise with the Winner to discuss suitable travel arrangements (for example, preferred departure airports and flight times), however all flight, hotel and transport arrangements are at the Agency’s sole discretion.
13. The Winner and their Companion will be required to complete and return an information and prize acceptance form and submit copies of their passports to the Agency to enable the Agency to make the required arrangements. At the Agency’s request, each Winner shall provide any further personal details (for themselves and their Companion) which the Agency may reasonably require.
14. The Winner is responsible for all travel and other related expenses not forming part of the Prize, including but not limited to transport to and from the Winner’s home to the airport, and any meals or other refreshments in excess of the Spending Money.
15. The Winner will need to provide valid credit or debit card details to the Hotel at check-in as a security deposit.
16. The Winner and their Companion must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least six (6) months after the date of the return flight.
17. Travel visas are the responsibility of the Winner and their Companion. The Winner and their Companion may be required to visit the relevant website and complete the required information to apply for authorisation to enter Germany. The Winner and their Companion may not gain entry to Germany without a valid visa (if applicable).
18. The Winner and their Companion must each bring a copy of their government issued photo ID, such as a passport, or driver's license, to gain entry to the Event.
19. The Agency will arrange basic level travel insurance (excluding any pre-existing medical conditions) for the Winner and their Companion prior to departure. Travel insurance cover is subject to restrictions, and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. The Winner and/or their Companion shall be responsible for any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and/or persons over the age of 75 (if applicable).
20. The Agency will use reasonable endeavours to send the Winner Prize to the Winner as follows:
a) by email, to the email provided by the Winner, electronic tickets or booking confirmations for the flights, Event, transport, travel insurance and Hotel (“Documents”). The Winner is responsible for printing any of the abovementioned Documents; and
b) by bank transfer, to a bank account specified by the Winner, or by cheque sent via registered post, to the postal address provided by the Winner, the Spending Money,
within two weeks of the point at which any further details have been provided to the Agency by the Winner as required.
21. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
22. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
23. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
25. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
26. The Winner and, their Companion agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter may want to film the Winner and their Companion at the Event. By attending the Event, the Winner and their Companion will be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licensees and assignees, permission to:
a) photograph, film and record them during their visit;
b) edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such photographs, recordings and films or anything derived from them (“Material”) in any medium; and
c) use the Material, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis and free of charge in perpetuity, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit any of Promoter’s products and/or services and anything connected with or derived from them.
27. The Winner and their Companion also agree to waive any moral rights that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assignees from any claims for payment in connection with their use of the Material.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5 and 9 or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
29. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
30. The Winner and their Companion must ensure that they comply with the relevant rules of entry when attending the Event. Any refusal of entry is not the responsibility of the Promoter and the Promoter shall have no liability to the Winner in respect of the same.
31. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘PlayStation Plus Gamescom Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
32. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
33. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
34. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.