Terms and Conditions – Specific Rules for “PlayStation 20th Anniversary” Competition
1. The “PlayStation 20th Anniversary” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on 03 December 2014 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 04 January 2015 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) click on “PlayStation 20th Anniversary Competition” competition link (“Page”);
c) design an original picture or photo in the theme of “What PlayStation means to you”
d) Entrants may choose to design their picture by either:
I. using any design packages on their computer; or
II. using any other materials to complete their picture;
e) once their picture is complete Entrants must either:
I. save an digital copy of their completed picture; or
II. take a photo of their completed picture,
(each an “Image”);
f) Upload their Image to the Page and click “Submit”. The Image submitted must be in .jpeg format, must not be greater than 600 pixels wide and the file size must not exceed 1000 kilobytes;
g) Enter the following information in the fields provided and click “Submit”:
I. the title of their Image;
II. email address;
III. full name;
IV. date of birth; and
V. country of residence; and
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control.
8. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
9. There will be twenty (20) winners (each a “Winner”). Each Winner shall be determined by a panel of independent judges, who shall judge each Image on the basis of (i) originality; (ii) artistic value; and (iii) sense of adventure. The decision of the judges is final and the judges shall not be permitted to enter the Competition themselves.
10. The Promoter shall notify each Winner by email, to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
11. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s email message to them, providing their full name, date of birth, postal address and telephone number, within five (5) days of receiving the Promoter’s email.
12. Each Winner will win:
a) one (1) PlayStation®4 20th Anniversary Edition console;
b) one (1) DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller;
c) one (1) Vertical Stand; and
d) one (1) PlayStation®Camera,
with a total approximate value of AUD 728.00 / EUR 499.99 / CZK 13,784,50 / DKK 3,730 / NZD 805.00 / NOK 4,200.00/ PLN 2112.00 / RUB 26,210 / SEK 4,560 / CHF 604 / GBP 400.00 (“Prize”).
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by courier, the Prize to each Winner within four (4) weeks of receiving a Winner’s details;
18. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s statutory rights (if any).
19. Each Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or that incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 8 and/or 11, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
21. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
22. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘PlayStation 20th Anniversary Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
23. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
24. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
25. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.