Terms and Conditions
1. The “Bloodborne Cosplay” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 2 March 2015 at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 27 March at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account (previously known as PlayStation®Network account), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
c) click on the “Bloodborne Cosplay” Competition link (“Page”);
d) provide an original cosplay photograph in the theme of Bloodborne;
e) once the picture is complete Entrants must either:
f) save a digital copy of their completed picture (“Image”);
g) upload their Image to the Page. The Image submitted must be in .jpeg format, must not be greater than 600 pixels wide and the file size must not exceed 3mb. Entrants’ PSN Online ID must be clearly readable in the Image submitted;
h) Enter the following information in the fields provided and click “Submit”:
I. the title of their Image;
II. email address;
III. full name;
IV. date of birth; and
V. country of residence; and
6. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
7. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 6 and 7. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
8. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
9. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
10. There will be three winners (3) winners (each a “Winner”). Each Winner shall be determined by a panel of independent judge(s), as well as Hidetaka Miyazaki, who shall judge each Image on the basis of (i) originality; (ii) artistic value; and (iii) commitment to the Bloodborne theme. The decision of the judge is final and the judge shall not be permitted to enter the Competition themselves.
11. The Promoter shall notify each Winner by email, to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
12. In order to claim their Prize, each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within five days from the date of receiving the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address, date of birth, contact phone number and the name of their chosen companion (who must also be over eighteen (18) years of age) (“Companion”).
13. Each Winner will win the following “Winner Prize”:
a) two (2) tickets (one (1) ticket for the Winner and one (1) ticket for their Companion to Japan Expo to be held at Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center in Paris, France from July 3rd 2015 to July 5th 2015 inclusive (“Event”);
b) return economy class flights for the Winner and their Companion from the Winner’s home country to a specified Paris airport, outbound on July 2nd 2015 and inbound on July 5th 2015 (flights may not be direct);
c) three (3) nights’ stay in a double or twin room at a hotel in Mama Shelter Hotel, Paris, with a minimum 4 star rating (“Hotel”), including breakfast;
d) return transport from the specified Paris airport to the Hotel on the dates of their inbound and outbound flights;
e) return transport from the Hotel to Event on each day of the Event;
f) one cosplay costume professional photography session in Paris, France; and
g) travel insurance (subject to clause 20 below).
14. The ultimate value of the Winner Prize will vary according to the transport and accommodation provided, however the approximate Prize value (excluding VAT) is:
AUD 4559 / EUR 3136 / CZK 87048 / DKK 23364 / NZD 4797 / NOK 26909 / PLN 13180 / RUB 233563 / SEK 29602 / CHF 3283 / GBP 2329 (“Prize”).
The cost of flights will vary depending on many factors, including the country of departure and the date of booking, and have not been included in the above Prize value amounts.
15. Each Winner will be contacted by the Promoter within two (2) weeks of the date on which they confirmed their details to the Promoter, to arrange travel and other prize logistics. The Promoter may liaise with each Winner to discuss suitable travel arrangements (for example, preferred departure airports and flight times), however all flight, hotel and transport arrangements are at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
16. Each Winner and their Companion will be required to complete an information and prize acceptance form and submit copies of their passports to the Promoter to enable the Promoter to make the required arrangements. At the Promoter’s request, each Winner shall provide any further personal details (for themselves and their Companion) which the Promoter may reasonably require.
17. Each Winner is responsible for all travel and other related expenses not forming part of the Prize, including but not limited to transport to and from the relevant Winner’s home by air, and any meals or other refreshments.
18. Each Winner will need to provide valid credit or debit card details to the Hotel at check-in as a security deposit.
19. Each Winner and their Companion must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least six (6) months after the date of the return flight.
20. Travel visas are the responsibility of each Winner and their Companion. Each Winner and their Companion may be required to visit the relevant website and complete the required information to apply for authorisation to enter France. Each Winner and their Companion may not gain entry to France without a valid visa (if applicable).
21. The Promoter will arrange basic level travel insurance (excluding any pre-existing medical conditions) for each Winner and their Companion prior to departure. Travel insurance cover is subject to restrictions, and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. Each Winner and/or their Companion shall be responsible for any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and/or persons over the age of 65 (if applicable).
22. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the Winner Prize to each Winner by email and registered post, to the email and postal address provided by each Winner, electronic tickets or booking confirmations for the flights, Event, transport, travel insurance and Hotel within four (4) weeks of the point at which any further details have been provided to the Promoter by each Winner as required.
23. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
24. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
25. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
27. Each Winner and their Companion agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter may want to film each Winner and their Companion at the Event. By attending the Event, and by each Winner and their Companion signing a publicity consent form, each Winner and their Companion will be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licensees and assignees, permission to:
a) photograph, film and record them during their visit;
b) edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such photographs, recordings and films or anything derived from them (“Material”) in any medium; and
c) use the Material, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit any of Promoter’s products and anything connected with or derived from them.
28. Each Winner and their Companion also agree to waive any moral rights that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assignees from any claims for payment in connection with their use of the Material.
29. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 26 and 27, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
30. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
31. Each Winner and their Companion must ensure that they comply with the relevant rules of entry when attending the Event. Any refusal of entry is not the responsibility of the Promoter and the Promoter shall have no liability to each Winner in respect of the same.
32. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish each Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). Each Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked ‘Bloodborne Cosplay Competition’ to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
33. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
34. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
35. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.