Terms and Conditions
1. The “Batman: Arkham Knight” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”). These Terms (as defined below) apply to those Entrants resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
2. The Competition is open for entries on April 20 at 09.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on May 15 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) click on the “Batman: Arkham Knight” Competition link;
c) enter their email address in the field provided;
d) click “Start” to begin the multiple choice quiz;
e) answer all of the multiple choice questions, enter an answer to the “tie-breaker” question (“Tie-breaker”), enter the unique CAPTCHA code that will be visible and click “Submit”; and
f) enter the information in the fields provided and click “Submit”:
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be one (1) winner (“Winner”) and five (5) runners-up (each a “Runner-Up”). The Winner and each Runner-Up will be determined as follows:
a) each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of multiple choice questions they answered correctly (“Score”);
b) the Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Score. In the event of a tie, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score and that provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker;
c) if, instead of a tie, insufficient Entrants provided the correct answer to the Tie-breaker to allow Winner selection, the Winner shall be the Entrant whose answer to the Tie breaker is closest to the correct answer;
d) in the event of any further tie, those Entrants shall answer another “tie-breaker” question to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a), b) and c) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until a Winner is obtained; and
e) the Runners-Up will be the Entrants with the five (5) highest Scores after the Winner and shall be determined using the mechanism set out in a), b), c) and d) above.
7. The Promoter shall notify the Winner and each Runner-Up by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
8. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), the Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth. The postal address provided must match any postal address provided at the time of entry, or the Winner and each Runner-Up may be disqualified.
9. The Winner will win:
a) one (1) Special Edition Batman: Arkham Knight PlayStation®4 system;
b) one (1) Special Edition Batman: Arkham Knight DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller; and
c) one (1) copy of Batman: Arkham Knight PlayStation®4 disc game,
with a total approximate value of EUR 725 / AUD 1029 / CZK 19773 / DKK 5403 / NZD 1070 / NOK 6183 / PLN 3003 / RUB 48588 / SEK 6673 / CHF 777 / GBP 525 (“Winner Prize”).
10. Each Runner-Up will win one (1) copy of Batman: Arkham Knight PlayStation®4 disc game with a total approximate value of EUR 83 / AUD 117 / CZK 2260 / DKK 617 / NZD 122 / NOK 706 / PLN 343 / RUB 5555 / SEK 762 / CHF 89 / GBP 60 (“Runner-Up Prize”).
11. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) by courier, the Winner Prize to the Winner; and
b) by registered post, the Runner-Up Prize to each Runner-Up,
within two (2) weeks of receiving a Winner’s or Runner-Up’s details.
12. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize, and a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the Winner’s or a Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
18. The Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
19. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 8 and 18, or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
20. The Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
21. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked “Batman: Arkham Knight Competition” to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
22. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
23. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.