Terms and Conditions
1. The "LBP Tearaway" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 13 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2.The Competition is open for entries on 14 August 2013 at 12.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 13 September 2013 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the ("Competition Period").
3.The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4.Each Entrant will need to create a LBP level using either LittleBigPlanet 2 on PlayStation®3 or LittleBigPlanet on PlayStation®Vita ("Original Level") for the Competition. The Entrant shall create the Original Level in a similar artistic style as used in Tearaway.
5.Each Entrant may choose to customise and/or decorate the Original Level they create by downloading the LBP sticker pack which shall contain 36 stickers and one music track entitled 'Tearaway Competition Pack' ("Pack"). The Pack will be available for download on 14 August 2013 at 12.00 (BST) until 04 September 2013 at 17.00 (BST) ("Download Period").
6. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account (previously known as PlayStation®Network), create one using their PlayStation® system or by visiting http://eu.playstation.com/registration/;
b) log into their SEN account;
c) should they choose to go to the PlayStation®Store and download the Pack, follow the onscreen instructions during the Download Period;
d) create and design an Original Level, with or without the Pack; and
e) upload their Original Level to the LBP website (www.LBP.me) via their SEN account and follow the onscreen instructions tagging the entry with '[TearawayCompetitionEU]' in the title.
8. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
9. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
10. Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
11. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
12. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner") and four (4) runner-ups, (each a "Runner-Up"). The Winner and each Runner-Up will be chosen by a panel of independent judges based on creativity and originality.
13. The Promoter shall notify the Winner and each Runner-Up, by email to the email address linked to the Winner's and each Runner-Up's SEN account, of their selection within thirty (30) days of the Closing Date.
14. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their name, date of birth, email address and postal address, within two (2) weeks from the date of the Promoter's email.
15. The Winner will win one (1) PlayStation®Vita Wi-Fi handheld entertainment system and one (1) downloadable elite costume piece, known in game as the "rare prize crown" in the form of a voucher code, ("Winner Prize") with a total value of approximately:
a) 349.95 AUD;
b) 249.99 EUR;
c) 5490 CZK;
d) 1899 DKK;
e) 449.95 NZD;
f) 1898.91 NOK;
g) 1050.60 PLN;
h) 1299 RUB;
i) 2150 SEK;
j) 289.9 CHF; and
k) 219.99 GBP.
Each Runner-Up will win one (1) Tearaway concept artwork print ("Runner-Up Prize") which is of no monetary value.
In these terms, ("Prize") shall mean a Winner's Prize and/or a Runner-Up's Prize, as appropriate in the context.
16. Voucher Codes are subject to terms and conditions of use. Please click here for details. Voucher Codes are not transferable and may not be re-sold. Voucher Codes have an expiry date which will be communicated with the Voucher Code.
17. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
18. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
19. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
21. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send:
a) the Winner Prize PlayStation® Vita Wi-Fi handheld entertainment system to the Winner by registered post;
b) the Winner Prize rare prize crown by email to the email address linked to the Winner's SEN account in the form of a voucher code; and
c) the Runner-Up Prize to each Runner-Up by registered post,
each within thirty (30) days of receiving the details of the Winner or each Runner-Up as appropriate in context.
22. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's and/or each Runner-Up's statutory rights (if any).
23. The Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
24. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner and each Runner-Up's names on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner and each Runner-Up's names will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'LBP Tearaway' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
25. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
26. The Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
27. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
28. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
29. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.