Terms and Conditions
1. The “20th Anniversary PlayStation®4 Retweet” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Austria, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovakia, Switzerland, United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2. The Competition is open for entries on 4th June 2015 at 09.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 4th June 2015 at 23.59 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) as well as the General Rules (click here).
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) visit the PlayStation Europe Twitter page at https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU;
b) sign in to their Twitter account (if they do not already have a Twitter account, create one by visiting https://twitter.com/signup);
c) read the post entitled “20th Anniversary PlayStation®4 Retweet” (“Post”); and
d) retweet the Post.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 6 and 7. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7. There will be one (1) winner (the “Winner”) selected at random by an independent judge. The decision of the judge is final.
8. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by Private Message (“PM”) on Twitter, of their selection within three (3) days of the Closing Date.
9. In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), each Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s PM within five (5) days from the date of the Promoter’s notification PM, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth.
10. The Winner will win one (1) 20th Anniversary PlayStation®4 500GB, with a total approximate value of €499.99 (“Winner Prize”).
11. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send by registered post, the Winner Prize to the Winner within 30 days of receiving a Winner’s details.
12. In these Terms, “Prize” shall mean a Winner Prize
13. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
14. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
15. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
17. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect the statutory rights (if any).
18. The Winner agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
19. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 9 or uses multiple accounts to enter, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
20. Each Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
21. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s name on the Promoter’s website(s). The Winner’s name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked “20th Anniversary PlayStation®4 Retweet” Competition to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
22. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
23. The “Promoter” is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
24. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
Information on how to enter and win prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Twitter Rules (available at: http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules).