Terms and Conditions
1. The "4 The Players" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 01 November 2013 at 12.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on 31 December 2013 at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) Visit the PlayStation® competitions website at eu.playstation.com/psn/competitions;
b) Click on the link for the "4 The Players" competition;
c) Enter their email address in the field provided;
d) Click "Start" to begin the timed multiple choice quiz;
e) Answer all of the multiple choice questions as quickly as possible, enter the unique CAPCHA code that will be visible and click "Submit" once completed to stop the timer; and
f) Enter the following information in the fields provided and click "Submit":
i. confirmation of email address;
ii. full name;
iii. date of birth; and
iv. country of residence.
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner") determined as follows:
a) Each Entrant will be awarded a score corresponding to the number of questions they answered correctly ("Score") and a time corresponding to the time in which it took them to complete the questions and click "Submit" ("Time"). Times shall be recorded to three decimal places;
b) The Winner shall be the Entrant with the highest Score. In the event that more than one Entrant obtains the equal highest Score, the Winner shall be the Entrant that obtained the highest Score in the fastest Time; and
c) In the event that more than one Entrant obtained the highest Score in the exact same fastest Time, those Entrants shall complete another set of timed multiple-choice questions to determine the Winner, in accordance with the ranking mechanism set out in a) and b) above. In the event of a further tie, this process shall be repeated until one Winner is obtained.
7. The Promoter shall notify the Winner, by email, of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
8. The Winner will win the following items with a total approximate value of AUD 4,136.67 / GBP 2,468.94 / EUR 2,910.00 / CZK 74,345 / DKK 21,705 / NZD 4,690.60 / NOK 23,670 / PLN 12,180 and RUB 127,360 ("Prize"):
a) one (1) PlayStation®4 and one (1) DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller;
b) one (1) Sony Bravia TV - KDL - 40W905A;
c) one (1) PS®Vita (wifi + 3G);
d) one (1) Xperia Z1 smartphone; and
e) three (3) PS4 games (Knack, Assassin's Creed: Black flag and Killzone ShadowFall).
9. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter's email message to them, providing their name, date of birth and postal address, within thirty (30) days of receiving it.
10. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
11. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
12. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, registered post, the Prize to the Winner within thirty (30) days of receiving a Winner's details.
15. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's statutory rights (if any).
16. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
17. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked '4 The Players' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
18. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
19. The Winner may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
20. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
21. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
22. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.