A teen account is a type of sub account that lets users between the age of 13-17 create an account and immediately play offline games and earn trophies. Access to the PlayStation Network is granted when a parent/guardian has given their approval.
To create a teen account:
- If auto-login is disabled, turn the PS4 on and choose [+ New User]. If the PS4 is already turned on or auto-login is enabled, press and hold the PS button on the DualShock 4 and select [Switch User] and then [+ New User].
- Read and accept the User Agreement
- On the "Sign in to PlayStation Network" screen select [New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account] at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose [Sign Up Now]
- Enter your Region, Language, and Date of Birth. If you are 13-17 years old you are creating a Teen Account. Choose [Next]
- This screen tells you what a Teen Account is. Once you've read it, select [Next].
- Enter your Postal Code, City, and State/Province and choose [Next].
- Enter a valid email address and the password you'd like for your account, and select [Next]. Using a real email account will help you recover access to your account if you ever forget your password. Speaking of passwords; never share your password with anyone -- not even Sony!
- Pick an amazing Online ID (this is what others see when you're online), enter your name and choose [Next].
- The next two steps let you decide who can see your activities, trophies, friends, and gameplay videos (once your parent/guardian has granted PSN access). Select [Confirm] once you've picked your desired settings.
- If your parent/guardian is around, have them sign in to their Master Account to grant you access to PSN. If they're not available, you can select the [Do This Later] option and start playing offline games right away.
To enable PSN access for a teen account:
- Sign in with the teen account
- From the PS4's Home Screen, Push Up and go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Sign-in To PlayStation Network].
- You'll see a message that says your account needs to be confirmed before you can use online features. Choose [OK]. This is where you'll need your parent/guardian.
- Sign in with a Master Account and select [OK] to submit your password and [OK] again to confirm you want to activate a Teen Account.
- On the next few screens you can confirm the Teen Account's info as well as set restrictions for chat, user-generated media, content, and enable a monthly spending limit.
- Once the account's access is set to your liking, accept the terms and conditions.
- An email has been sent to the email address of the master account. Open this email and click [Verify].
- Once the account has been verified via email, simply click [OK] on the next two screens. You'll be taken back to the [PlayStation Network/Account Management] page where the teen account can now sign in to PSN. Enjoy!