If you have a sub account and you know your password you can use PlayStation App to change it yourself.
Sub accounts cannot change their password if it has been forgotten; the master account has to change the sub account password. Follow the steps below to do this:
You can reach Account Management in a number of ways:
Tap [PlayStation Store] on the home screen and go to [Online ID] > [Account Settings].
Go to PlayStation Store. Sign in, go to your Online ID at the top of the page and click [Account Settings].
- Account Management website
Click here and sign in for the account management site.
- If the sub account is signed in they will need to sign out of PlayStation Network by selecting their avatar > [Sign out] so the master account can sign in.
- If you have forgotten the password for the master account, select 'Trouble Signing In?' > ‘Forgot your password?’ on the sign-in screen - click here for extra help with changing your forgotten password.
- Go to the Account tab and select Sub accounts from the left of the page and select ‘Change Password’.
- Select the required sub account from the drop down list, choose and confirm a new password and select save.
- The sub account user can now sign-in using their new password.
Having problems changing your Password?
- This may be because you have lost internet connection or because PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance. Check your internet connection and check for maintenance.
- If you receive an email notifying you that the sub account password has changed, check with the associated account holder and contact us if neither of you changed the password.