The original Prince of Persia game was a 2D platform game that introduced us to the baggy-trousered Prince and set the platform genre aflame. It spawned many sequels and its influence can be seen in subsequent "run, jump, climb and fight" games including the seminal Tomb Raider series. Now the Prince storms the modern gaming world as the Sands of Time are unleashed upon ancient Persia.
Unwittingly releasing the titular Sands with his prized Dagger of Time, the people of Persia are transformed into murderous, zombie-like sand creatures that cannot be slain by sword or bow. Explore the besieged and crumbling palace by hanging, jumping, running along walls, balancing across beams and swinging around flagpoles. Your acrobatic prowess will amaze and astound you.
You (as the Prince) will soon discover that the Dagger is the key to defeating the creatures and reclaiming the spilt Sands. Fluid, 360 degree combat allows for some breathtaking moves and staking the creatures allows you access to the powers of the recovered Sand. The powers in question are over time itself, allowing you to glimpse the future, slow down the world around you, freeze opponents and even turn back time should you mis-time a jump or be fatally wounded by a blow. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a story you will never forget.
- One of the longest running adventure series continues
- Amazing acrobatic moves including vaults, rolls, wall-running and pole swinging
- Fantastic 360 degree combat - take on every opponent
- Stunning Persian setting complete with deserts, towering palaces and deep, dark dungeons
- Mind-blowing time control powers - glimpse the future, slow down, stop and reverse time