PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4 Digital Upgrade Programme - Full Instructions
Get the PS4 digital version of selected games for a discounted price when you buy the PS3 version.
For a limited time, when gamers buy the disc or digital version of selected games for PlayStation 3 they can download a PlayStation 4 digital copy of the same game from PlayStation Store for a discounted price. Redeem the code packed into the PS3 version of the game on PlayStation Store and download the PS4 version of the game. Then use the original PS3 disc in your PS4 system to activate and start playing. You do not need a PS4 to redeem your code - simply redeem your code, then download your digital copy when your PS4 system arrives.
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Battlefield 4
- NBA 2K14
Step by Step Overview:
- Sign into your Sony Entertainment Network account on PS3, PS4 or our online store via PC and visit PlayStation Store. If you do not have a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can set one up via your PS3 or PS4, or by visiting eu.playstation.com/registration.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS3 system's XMB Menu.
- On PlayStation Store, select "Redeem Codes" at the bottom of the menu.
- Enter the 12 character voucher code ("Code") exactly as it appears on the voucher.
- Once the Code has been entered correctly, select "Continue" on the dialog box.
- Select "Confirm" to accept the Terms of Service.
- Select "Continue" to complete Code redemption.
- The Code redemption is now complete and you will receive an entitlement to purchase the PS4 digital version of this game at a discounted price. The Code cannot be used again or associated with a different SEN account. Once you have your PS4 system, you can proceed with the next step.
To download the PS4 version of the game:
- On your PS4 system, register the PS4 system with the SEN account which you originally redeemed the Code.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system's XMB Menu.
- Before downloading, check that your PS3 disc is not inserted into your PS4 system as this may cause the game to malfunction.
- Search for the name of the game on PlayStation Store and select "Purchase" to download the digital version of the same game to your PS4 system's Hard Disk Drive. The discounted price will be deducted from your Sony Entertainment Network account Wallet according to the Terms of Service and User Agreement.
- Insert the PS3 game disc into your PS4 system** in order to play the game.
**PS3 game disc required to play digital version of the game on your PS4 system.
Step by Step Overview:
- Buy or pre-order* the PS3 digital version of the game from PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store.
- In PlayStation Store or Sony Entertainment Network Store, find the PS4 digital version of the game as soon as it becomes available. The special price will be available for accounts which have purchased the PS3 Digital version of the game from PlayStation Store.
- Buy or pre-order** the PS4 digital version of the game at the discounted price. See Promotion Restrictions for Each Game.
*PS3 games are available for purchase, and selected PS3 games are available for pre-order, from PlayStation Store on your PS3 system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet.
**Selected PS4 games will be available for pre-order from PlayStation Store on your PS3 system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet prior to the release of the PS4 system. PS4 games will be available for purchase from PlayStation Store on your PS4 system and Sony Entertainment Network Store on the internet after the release of the PS4 system.